The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Cookieless Tracking Is Being Done ...

Graybeard

If open.ai can track without cookies why can't the vendors of CPA offers?
Rhetorical question really --many of us know the real (or speculative) answers </sarcasm>

Private Information Stored​

The Open AI service privately tracks and stores the following:
  • The IP address of the user submitting prompts
  • The inputs provided by each unique user for each unique prompt
The purpose of this collection is to allow the user to store and view their generations, save other generations, share them, and perform other service operations. Because your generations are tied to your IP, which may change, your generations history may be lost. Your generations history may also be erased by routing storage cleaning or for other reasons. You can save your generations by downloading them to your device.

Because your generations are tied to your IP, which may change, your generations history may be lost.
So, Because your Affiliate ID is tied to your referred customer's IP,

The Volume at ChatGPT must be *humongous* so what are the excuses for the slippage and referral cookie loss. More importantly: Why is it so important to maintain the status quo?

cookie_monster_gimme-400.jpeg

Since the data loss is only with 3rd party cookies, I am pretty sure the 1st & 2nd party data collections will suffice for now. There is a ton of data on it out there now. Most of it is about collection of various attributions.

Since the data loss is only with 3rd party cookies,
I did a ad hoc study of my site cookies 15 years ago, 1st party cookies.

Found: ~15% of returning customers (identified by IP) had the 1st party cookie I set DELETED.

The cookie was persistent 1 year for the test. I am pretty sure that the client loss is much higher now.

I am pretty sure that the client loss is much higher now.

No doubt what we are left with at the moment is less, but we have to work with what we have at the moment. I expect AI is going to create a new set of options and they'll get challenged as well. The battle for the data continues...

but we have to work with what we have at the moment.
CPI, CPL, SOI/DOI are generally not return cookie dependent.

Any sale that is an impulse conversion works. That type conversion can be tracked by a first-party session cookie.

The return-cookie is what is wishful thinking. What percentage actually works is debatable.

If open.ai can track without cookies why can't the vendors of CPA offers?
Rhetorical question really --many of us know the real (or speculative) answers </sarcasm>

Private Information Stored​

The Open AI service privately tracks and stores the following:
  • The IP address of the user submitting prompts
  • The inputs provided by each unique user for each unique prompt
The purpose of this collection is to allow the user to store and view their generations, save other generations, share them, and perform other service operations. Because your generations are tied to your IP, which may change, your generations history may be lost. Your generations history may also be erased by routing storage cleaning or for other reasons. You can save your generations by downloading them to your device.
Most affiliate networks either have or are moving over to first-party tracking, via cookies, javascript or local storage, so publishers should be ok. The challenge we see is two-fold.

- First, that many advertisers (and networks) have third-party cookies still working alongside the first-party, which means that any issues with first party tracking is being masked - at least in chrome browsers (with around 20%+ of sales coming via ITP/iOS, that means commission is being lost).

- Secondly, Moonpull has identified that around 2-4% of advertisers every week make website changes, which impact the tracking for a number of reasons such as forgetting to add affiliate codes into a new navigation.

The growth of use of cookie consent is also having an effect on tracking, so with all this going on, it pays to do a tracking link audit ahead of running a campaign to be sure that it's set up correctly. |

I hope that's useful

I am doing a cookieless marketing setup now for a desktop app *free* download.

Like me, he knows the game. There is no middleman 'network' --that helps in setting this up.

Fair to mention that this app is an impulse decision download --so no return attribution will be necessary.

The deal is revshare from the free download if you are the sale.

If you are the second offerer and the first sale: You get the sale --that's just the way the cookie crumbles :p

MI
Back