The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Tracking and Split Test PPC Questions

anhtt265

affiliate
Hello friends

I'm just a newbie for affiliate marketing and PPC. I'm having some confusions about PPC.
I'm appriciated if someone can help me clear:

1. Where to put different links if I use Tracking tools (Prosper202, Voluum)?

I'm going to build a flow like this:
Traffic (PPC Campaigns ) --> Landing Pages (only action button, no email capture) --> Offer Link.

- On PPC Campaigns: Enter "Destination URL" with Landing Pages URL
- On Landing Pages: Cloak "Action button" with Tracking URL
- On Tracking Tool: Enter "Offer Link" to have the Tracking URL

Is my understanding correct?

2. How to split test PPC?

I've read some tutorials about PPC testing. To split test PPC, we can consider to split some aspects as:

- Campaign Settings (Ad Title, Ad Text): this issue can do by Rotate function of some PPC networks as Bing
- Landing Pages ( Action button, Color Text, Designing...): if we use wordpress for create LPs, some tools also can help us rotate LPs.
- Offers: if we use a domain name, we can change our offers easily that the using of direct link's offers couldn't do.

So my question for split test PPC is: How can we combine above aspects together? I mean that we will need to create a lot of ads or ad groups for splitting. Example:

Ad 1: Ad Title_1, A Text_1, LP_1, Offer_1
Ad 2: Ad Title_2, A Text_1, LP_1, Offer_1
Ad 3: Ad Title 1, Ad Text_2, LP_1, Offer_1

If like this, we will have many many ads or ad groups. I think that we only can choose 1 or 2 aspects for testing purpose. Is it right?

Thanks so much

Hi, @anhtt265

I'm not a PPC expert but I know that many marketers do up at least 3-5 landing page variations or banners, sometimes more. If you run them for a while (few days, a week?) and check your data, you will see which page(s) gets the most clicks.

Once you know that, you test individual elements of the popular landers - CTA button, headline, colour, graphics, etc. to see if you can improve your CTR and conversions. I think it's best to test one element at a time, so you know what works.

Keep weeding out the weaker pages until you get the winner(s).

There are the different aspect you can test your landing pages. But first of all, I suggest you collect your leads and redirect to a thank you page.( not to the CPA landing page). Bing bot like privacy policy, contact us, term&condition pages. Just think if you are the customer then this is enough to convince your landing page to put your email. If not then you have to change it. You can make 2 or 3 landing pages first. Then test with 100 free traffic and figure out which one is most converting.

Then test with 100 free traffic and figure out which one is most converting.

Be careful with the 'free traffic'. Make sure the offer allows that.

Edit: Oops, @Dr. Evil was referring to the lead capture pages for free traffic, I think. In that case, make sure the offer allows for email marketing.

@anhtt265 - forgot to say that your linking sounds correct

banners
Back