The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

"The Slackware experience"

Alexandru Ungur

affiliate
I first began running Linux when SUSE 5.3 and Mandrake 6.1 were the latest distros. Since that time I can't count all the distributions of *nix/nux I've tried and worked with. For the last nine months, however, I've been a happy camper with my Slackware desktop.

I run Slackware 10.0 with some enhancements from Slackware-current and kde-look/kde-apps.org. My main desktop environment is KDE 3.3.1, my office package is OpenOffice.org -- pretty standard, with an ever-changing list of installed software according to my needs, my curiousity, and the tasks I get from my editor.

Before I started using Slackware my steady Linux work environment was Mandrake 8 and 9.1 with Texstars enhancements. Later in 2003 I moved to MEPIS Linux 2003.10. One day I stumbled onto VectorLinux, which, while originally intended for older hardware, did a very speedy job on my quite up-to-date computer. I also tried the Slax LiveCD. Both VectorLinux and Slax are children of Slackware. Once I tried the full distro, I never looked back.

Read the full story...

Slackware is the distro of choice for most Hackers/High end computer users out there.

Slackware 10 is especially good.

Darksat said:
Slackware is the distro of choice for most Hackers/High end computer users out there.
Slackware 10 is especially good.

Really? I tought it was LFS/Gentoo, or Debian... but I agree with you it's an excellent Linux distro.

Do you use it?

I have in the past, however at the moment im stuck with windows and bootable distros, plus a 5GB mandrake partition at home.

and from my personal experience, most hackers I know use slackware.

banners
Back