The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The part of my site to be sent to affiliate programs, and the need for SSL

Susovan PAL

affiliate
Hello,

I'm just starting with affiliate marketing and am super novice. I bought a domain name and hosting for a year from HostGator. I'd appreciate if you answer the two folowing questions of mine:

1) Do I absolutely need an SSL certificate to start affiliate marketing? I'm taking affiliate marketing for the moment as a side hustle, say to generate an extra 300€ a month.

2) The part of my site where I intend to do product reviews (hence more related to affiliate marketing) is a particular page/section on my site/homepage, where I've reviewed just one product, for the sake of practicing. Now if I want to send my site to several affiliate programs, then, should I send my main site (so that the affiliate marketing site testers in say amazon affiliate program see everything in my site), or only the part of the site where I intend to do affiliate marketing/product reviews? My site also contains blogs that're blog and other information that'ren totally irrelevant to affiliate marketing, hence I as the question. P.S. I guess the intuitive answer is to send the particular part that has just one product review, but then will that be a problem, since it got only one product review? And this is why I was also thinking of sending the full site. I'm a bit confused here, please help me!

Just install a free Let's Encrypt SSL certificate.
I am sure all of there affiliate programs have cnn.com begging to peddle their products (<ROFLMAO)>
I am not sure what to do myself sometimes -- I just make ad creatives and landing pages for the ads these days and if they don't want the referral traffic they can look elsewhere -- and I'll move on.

see my <rant> on SSL in this post! :eek:
Chrome will block http-Content by February 2020

view-from-gates-to-invalides.jpg

Paris 2015

**added as a side bar: I was just approved for a direct affiliate program that pays 40% CPS using a blank website page, on a SSL domain with a matching @email at the same domain using a DKIM sig :D
I guess they know I mean business. So, you never know ... use a domain email not a gmail or outlook public address (that helps a lot).

Last edited:
banners
Back