The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

The business directory's 'hidden numbers'

tb987

affiliate
I thought this would be of interest:

Start a small business and one of the initial challenges is to get your name on the grapevine.
So when an invitation came for Lisa Glover to enter her details on a European-wide business directory, she liked the idea.
But the 28-year-old had unwittingly fallen into the most prevalent business-to-business trick in the UK.

I sort of blame the authorities in part for making people fall for this scams, for example, when you file for trademark or register a new business, all you private details are made available to the general public including you home address etc if you are a directory of a Limited liability company...
This give all sort of potential fraudsters a head start towards coning you.

When I filed trademark for some names and it was approved, a few weeks later, I got this official looking demand for payment for protecting my trademark in Europe with a pay in slip in Euro, I almost fall for it...

Infact most 'online payment' companies also want your company address and contact address to show correctly in whois as well as on contact page of your website that makes you susceptible to scams :)

banners
Back