The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Tell us, which is Better YouTube or Vimeo?

Tell us, which is Better YouTube or Vimeo?

• YouTube

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Vimeo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
YouTube is orders of magnitude larger than Vimeo, but that does not make it necessarily better, Vimeo is more of a niche video sharing platform were the focus has always been quality over quantity, not just in the content itself but the actual content of the videos, Vimeo was the first video sharing platform that enabled HD streaming if I remember correctly. So Vimeo is were artist share short films and demo reels, similar to what Flickr is, or used to be, for photos.

It is the matter of popularity and trust rather than any thing. As Vimeo is not popular among netizens, so my vote goes to youtube.

You haven't mention about the purpose. If you are looking for traffic, I would definitely go with YouTube.

Youtube is the best choice for video content visibility because of the sheer number of people who visit that website, it is a global phenomenon. However, it should be noted that the competition on Youtube is intense and it can be tough to break through compared to Vimeo. So do your research, if you can reach your target audience through Vimeo instead of Youtube then go for it

Youtube is by far the best Video Hosting platform. You can find everything from music, trailers, tutorials etc. Vimeo can be used too but only if you have youtube channel for priority

YouTube is great. If you want SEO and hits, use youtube for what it is. Vimeo is a site for creatives to share their projects. I like its design a lot, but it's not as user friendly.

banners
Back