The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Tell us, which is Better YouTube or Vimeo?

Tell us, which is Better YouTube or Vimeo?

• YouTube

Votes: 20 100.0%
  • Vimeo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
YouTube for me. Early on I split test them and found better results with YT. That said, I do believe using both is a better idea, as long as you have the time.

I picked YouTube. Why? Mostly because it currently has a bigger audience than Vimeo, so that means more exposure for your videos which is always good. Vimeo has less visibility currently. Another reason is that since YouTube is owned by Google, Google AdWords is connected. If you didn't know AdWords is Google's paid advertising and promotion platform. Though, in the end it wouldn't hurt to upload on both sites. Keep in mind Vimeo only allows you to upload a certain number of videos.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick Youtube any day but for someone who is using videos to promote their sites, a product they are selling or anything else, they shouldn't limit themselves to using just one video sharing site. While youtube certainly is better [youtube users watch 4 billion videos a day!], placing your videos on other video sharing sites and promoting them could get you some great results.

YouTube for largest audience in it's category. However, I think YouTube does not allow adult or certain types of content whereas Vimeo does, so for certain types you might wanna use Vimeo.

PS: Please correct me regarding content types allowed in these if I'm wrong. More insights on content-types would be appreciated.

I have always been under the impression that Vimeo was the hipster website, and I guess you can really take that to mean whatever you want. I think that it is a lyric in a song so that is why it stuck with me, but nevertheless I would have to say that Youtube is the better site. Way more content and very easy to navigate, it is just the standard in most people's eyes.

YouTube. Because it is a Google's product and we are already using many google products. Interestingly,I have never used Vimeo. I have an account there but I have never checked my account after I created it.

Do you doubt that YouTube is less better than Vimeo?

Youtube is far better than it and have more user base

YouTube all the way for me. I have tried Vimeo before but never really liked the format of the site. YouTube is very user-friendly and has tons of videos even for non-subscribers. You can find almost everything from YouTube, music, series, movies, etc. I don't think any video streaming site can defeat it especially since it is free.

MI
Back