Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most Merchants Are Clueless

• It's Usually the Network's Fault

• Total voters

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I blogged today about a heated discussion that came up this week at a Commission Junction forum I do a lot of support at.

<blockquote>"I am writing about the way in which advertisers do not really look out for the hard working affiliates. They are naturally in business to make money so if they can get away without paying too much in referrals the better for them. I know this sounds harsh but think about it. If you are an affiliate just check the Advertiser details page be it CJ or any other tracking program. My last personal opinion --- CJ is not the affiliates friend. Here is an example of how the Advertisers screw the affiliates..."</blockquote>
He goes on to site a CJ Advertiser's program detail page which offers a 1 day cookie and one time purchase occurrence. Then a heated discussion ensued about whether it was CJ, the merchants or both that were screwing affiliates. Many sited experiences with merchants they think intentionally "screw" affiliates.

I offered a little different perspective on the issue:

Why Some Affiliate Programs Suck!

http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/03/24/affiliate-programs-suck/

Read the rest at the 5 Star blog, then come back to discuss it.
What's been your suckiest affiliate program experience?
Who's fault was it the merchants or the networks or both??? :eek:

ITS FRIDAY and I'm in the mood for a POLL.
Also since I try to keep this forum really positive I decided it was
time to just rant and beeitch and let people here be negative for a change.
So here's a negative ornery poll for you to take!
:p

banners
Back