The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Does being located outside of the US matter to most American merchants?

Allstaraffiliate

affiliate
Hi. First post here! I'm a web designer who is building a niche autheority website based on research into which products (in my niche) are most loved by customers. If i'm applying to merchants through CJ and my website is targeting the American market, do you think that the big american merchants I am pitching to, such as Best Buy and Home Depot, will see it as a negative factor that I am located outside of the United States and taxpaying outside of the United States but reviewing American products sold exclusively in America? I am located and a taxpayer in the United Kingdom. Thank you.

Hi. First post here! I'm a web designer who is building a niche autheority website based on research into which products (in my niche) are most loved by customers. If i'm applying to merchants through CJ and my website is targeting the American market, do you think that the big american merchants I am pitching to, such as Best Buy and Home Depot, will see it as a negative factor that I am located outside of the United States and taxpaying outside of the United States but reviewing American products sold exclusively in America? I am located and a taxpayer in the United Kingdom. Thank you.

Merchants care about the brand reputation & how you make it stronger
  1. Check terms what country affiliate program applies to?
  2. Read the brand guidelines & does your website comply?
  3. How much traffic you getting from US? Make it worth their time, not if its zero .. because they dont care what you're building
  4. Research hot trends your customer, what your customer behaviour is
  5. Do you speak American English? US customer doesnt want website international English
Best advice, focus your effort on
  1. Make your website tick all boxes
  2. Get used by customers in US
  3. Apply for relevant affiliate programs (only after 1 & 2)

banners
Back