The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How would you monetize a poll site?

OscarMike

Hi guys,

I'm read a lot about how well the Poll Method works with CPA advertising. Basically you have a ppc ad that says something like "Is Britney Spears a good singer? Yes/No? 30-Second Poll" then it goes to a landing page that has the poll and asks the visitor to enter their email on the next page after voting. They get sent to an email submit merchant landing page.

If the affiliate network allows poll traffic, this can be lucrative. But not many of them allow it anymore. It doesn't produce the best quality of traffic.

Is there any other way to monetize a poll site? for instance, could I use Google Adsense somewhere on the page? Clickbank products? Could I build a list with the poll? So instead of sending the voter to an email submit merchant page, I send them to a squeeze page.

What are your thoughts?
Thanks

• If they will answer one question they will probably answer the next one.
  • So, what is the point of the next question?
  • How can you reward the person answering question number 2?
Maybe, there is a hook there somewhere?

• If they will answer one question they will probably answer the next one.
  • So, what is the point of the next question?
  • How can you reward the person answering question number 2?
Maybe, there is a hook there somewhere?
I also think that there is a hook somewhere there.

Could you incorporate some incentive offers, there are some networks still allowing incentive.

If you want to go the CB route, you'd want to gear the poll to the topic of the CB product so the subscriber/lead is targeted. If they're not interested in the poll, they probably wouldn't be interested in the product.

How much traffic does the site get?
Have you researched other poll sites to see how they monetize?
From what I can tell most of these types of sites are ad arbitrage, which can still make good money with organic traffic.

How much traffic does the site get?
Have you researched other poll sites to see how they monetize?
From what I can tell most of these types of sites are ad arbitrage, which can still make good money with organic traffic.
The most important thing is that they work, but I do not know if there is loyal traffic.

MI
Back