The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Start Affiliate Blog - Step by step and COOL Tools

Ooops! I stand corrected of course :D

It's a deal....now, where to begin? :rolleyes: This could take some crafting, but I'll get there :p

Mo - TCH

Anyone here being able to successfully integrate a datafeed to create a shop on your Wordpress blog?

Popshops seems like a great solution but, and i am just starting to explore, it it's not that easy to integrate it into Wordpress.

Any good and easy to work with solutions creating a shop on your Wordpress blog?

Thanks!

Yes Teli, one of our moderators created a cool script specifically for this.

Datafeed to Wordpress - here's my blog about it.
<a href="http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/04/07/rss-affiliate-datafeed/">RSS Affiliate Datafeed Conversion Tool - Pop up a Site in 20 Minutes</a>

Ouch, my ears are burning. LOL

Thanks for the wonderful compliments, Linda. You always manage to brighten up my day.

In case anyone missed it, I just did an upgrade to the script which added a couple extra features that aren't mentioned on the sales page.

And yes, Edwin, if you do have any questions, please let me know.

~ Teli

Thanks Teli! That will probably happen for sure :D with myself not that much being a star when it comes to these type of things ;)

Thank you for the info and the great video.

Just one Question – Is it better to use an affiliate blog than an affiliate website or should you have both (a website with a blog).

I started a website and blog at Freewebs.com and I am the only visitor I have – a lot o work for noting , so that is why I ask.

Should I use these tips on this website-blog or star from scratch?

Hi Linda,

Me again forgot to ask – what do you think about Freewebs.com should I use them or go for Blogger.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there. Don't really know anything about Freewebs.com except one of our members Uncle Buck used it. Lots use blogger and I think it still gets pretty good rankings.

I have been using freewebs.com free websites. I started using them because I did not know how to design websites and their free website builder was excellent for me.

I still have my free sites there but I bear their leaderboard advert. I also use blogger a lot. Infact, my first blog started in February, 2006 is still there and doing well but with very few visitors daily. I also use wordpress. The free version has been a problem for me.

Many of my blogs have been suspended by wordpress for no apparent reason. For instance, I had an article blog where I post articles written by me only and nothing else.

One day I opened it only to find out it had been suspended for "violating our terms of reference". I have since learnt not to waste my time with them. I also use the paid version hosted by me.

Blogs are great but you must post and ping to get visitors and the search engines.

bronnamdi said:

"Many of my blogs have been suspended by wordpress for no apparent reason."

Don't feel bad, tons of people just got suspended, they must have done a massive sweep.

Did you have any affiliate links? They are prohibited. Did you use it to mainly link back to and drive traffic to another site? That's another reason people have been getting shut down.

Both are prohibited in the TOS. Advice to all, if you are going to generate content for someone else (instead of on your own domain) be sure to always read the TOS and also back-up in case they pull the plug.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not recall having affiliate links on those blogs. They were made up of only articles I wrote and I did not have affiliate links on any of those articles or ezinearticles.com would not have published them.

Anyway, I have got over that and I am moving ahead with other things. I have learnt not to trust sites hosted on free hosts and domains.

Dear all,

I have never successfully used pingoat. Mostly it will show the alert,

Duplicate entry '1073812' for key 1

Any idea on this?

Best Regards,
Spot

I've never seen that error and I use it all the time.
If I accidentally ping twice it just says something like slow down you already pinged us.

Don't know if this could be the problem but I'll throw it out there.
I can't use Pingomatic any more because even if I ping the second I post
I get that "slowdown cowboy you just pinged us 2 minutes ago" message.
I don't have my blog set up to auto ping. Someone told me scrapers are sucking my blog and pinging it all the time? Probably has nothing to do with the error you're getting, just thought I'd throw it out there.

RSS for website

I am wondering if the ping technique can be used for websites? I mean every time your content is updated?

Is the pinging only for blogs/squidoo?

If I set up an RSS feed on my site then can't I ping with that rss feed url?

Does that make sense?

IF your site was built with Wordpress or some other blogging software you could ping site updates. But you need the blog infrastructure to be able to send pings.
"If I set up an RSS feed on my site then can't I ping with that rss feed url?

"If I set up an RSS feed on my site then can't I ping with that rss feed url?"

Not sure what you mean.

banners
Back