The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Spintax Calculator and Tester

webDOMinator

affiliate
Hey guys, it's been awhile.

I'm coming to you today with something to help the community.

A spintax combination counter and tester. It is very often that I need a tool like this and unfortunately Google only comes back with a list of results that... doesn't satisfy. Literally I am amazed and apalled that something simple and to the point doesn't show up in the first page of search results... So I made one myself! It was easy to make and it's a straightforward tool. What's more, unlike other options I see in the google results, it's free ;)

http://webdombot.com/spintaxtester/

I am calling it Spinx, It's a pretty handy little tool and gets right down to the nitty gritty. Just enter your text and it tells you how many message possibilities your spintax has, plus gives you 10 random examples so you can test what you type.

I also included a written part that explains a little about how to make sure that you have spintax that can get past even Google's cadre of uniqueness verification tools.

Yeah, great bro, but WTF is spintax?

If you don't know what spintax is, here's a vid you can watch that explains it quickly and without any nerd jargon (which I am apt to use if I try to explain it):

Enjoy community!

Let me know if you like by giving a thumbs up on this post ;)

That is just word substitution using a thesaurus like database ...
  1. nothing new
  2. that's not copywriting that's creative web spamming; or
  3. that type of programming could be looked upon as a tool that a writer might use ...
Seems rather limited as a creativity tool to me.

That is just word substitution using a thesaurus like database ...
  1. nothing new
  2. that's not copywriting that's creative web spamming; or
  3. that type of programming could be looked upon as a tool that a writer might use ...
Seems rather limited as a creativity tool to me.

You pretty much pinned the tail on the donkey, yes. Spintax is word substitution... but the tool is not to spin text, it's to test spintax that is already written.. so not only is it NOT a creativity tool, it is much rather just a simple tool to test stuff that you've already written in spintax.

There are other tools out there with tons of features that allow you to take a normal piece of text, and then apply all kinds of dictionaries, etc. and turn that into a spintax text/code, so you can turn around and process the output of the spintax code to come up with texts that are syntactically unique although say almost exactly the same thing as the original text. Lots of bloggers use tools like that to come up with unique blog posts so they can just go about their jolly way and plagiarise their way to success.

The thing is though, it's just a tool. It is all about how you use that tool which determines whether the outcome is something like spam or plagiarism. The way that I use spintax is in my chat bots, which is not spam, just good old fashioned automation (getting a computer to do your work for you). Since spintax coding has a pretty standard syntax (the squiggly brackets), and supporting nesting, it allows a chat bot to be as unrepetitive as possible. There is nothing as annoying as a conversation like this....

you: Hey superbot, how's it going?
bot: It's going great
... after some time...
you: How is the work going?
bot: It's going great

Spintax helps dissapate the monotony in a chat environment... but it's not the easiest thing to write without making mistakes, so I made the tool as a quick way to just pre-test the spintax code I've written for my bots before I submit the replies to the database.

Here's a snippet of spintax code for one of my conversations...

{Nice|Cool|Great|Dope|Awesome}{.|!| ☺| ;)| :D|}
{{What{'s| is}} {your|ur} name?}
{I'm|I am|Mine is|My name{'s| is}} Jonny

Example 1
Cool.
What's ur name?
I am Jonny

Example 2
Dope ☺
What is ur name?
Mine is Jonny

It has 960 different possible combinations, so it will never bore. Obviously there is more to the code than just the brackets and pipes; in a chat bot you can use variables, etc. Besides the fact that it gets around boring the crap out of people with canned replies, it is also useful when running chat bots which are not via APIs. For instance, if you are on a site which has chat, and you have people contacting you, but there are too many conversations to properly handle... chat bot with spintax to the rescue! It will insure that the site does not suspend your account for the reason that you're not replying with the same message every time. In this case, you are not spamming, just handling incoming messages in a smart way, but the site could see you replying with the same 20 messages and decide that you are spamming.

Either way, its good to be back on the forum after a couple month hiatus, and good to be getting your quick and witty replies again ;)

PS: I'm getting some grey hairs in my beard now! Give me a couple years and I'll be part of your club :D

what if i answer your chat bot with:
I like pie!

{what {kind|type}|which} pie {d'ya|do you|do ya} {like|fancy}?

lol, it totally depends on the bot. The ones that use maximum entropy almost always come up with an answer, though it's not always a very accurate/precise one, hahahaha. It might just change the subject on you.

maybe I should try asking the bot -- what kind of puss do you like?
{not rusty|oily|shiny}puss{bla bla ...}
Most AI bots talk like fools -- I can spot them a mile away ... ofc I'm not a fool usually :D
Must go over big at FoolBook tho ;)
"might just change the subject on you." is that bot fat and orange ;)

banners
Back