The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Social-networking future

temi

affiliate
Social-networking sites will enlist 230 million active members by the end of the year and will keep attracting new users until at least 2009, according to an analyst report. But investors are still wary--and for good reason, as long-term growth is by no means certain.
A report by U.K.-based Datamonitor, titled "The future of social networking: Understanding market strategic and technological developments," predicts that growth in the number of people signing up to be a part of the cultural phenomenon, which has put the likes of Facebook on the map, will peak by 2009 and plateau by 2012.

source

This isn't true and I can prove the article wrong! There will still be extraordinary growth but in small and niche markets. One major concern it the market will be Eastern, Indian, and other foreign language countries. So unless you find yourself a translator you have no hopes in penetrating their market. These small niche markets I'm talking about current;ly only have 10% of their population that has internet access where the other 90% which is like 3 billion people are still without internet.

Temi I know you will like this project. I did it for a Research class we had to develop a product and also find evidence there was a need for the product or service. I decided I wanted to create a new Browser. here is the project but most importantly look at the stats for the statement I mentioned above.

World Internet Usage Statistics News and Population Stats

World Internet Usage Statistics News and Population Stats

EDIT: TEMI I made a blog about it, Social networking faces uncertain future

Excellent info temi !! I totally agree with the growth estimates and we are now engaged in some heavy social site building because it is excellent for your term positions!

I am a total fan of social bookmark sites and social networks!!

social networking

Yes thanks for the information Temi, very useful. I did hear about the issue with these sites being rather faddish and that what is popular today will be at the bottom of the list in a year. Hard to second-guess how this is going to move.

My main question is, does social networking 'work' for some types of business but not others? Would there be any point in a business consultancy getting involved in t hat type of network, for example?

What do you think?

Stephanie

Some how I am yet to see it being applied to serious business, it seem to be more a vogue and past time thing at present, perhaps some people are using it for business, I am yet to hear about.

im actually thinking of a way to monetize this social networking thing.
maybe typos for the domain facebook.com? :D

Places like Myspace!

I remember when myspace took off. I was in awe because of how much traffic they generated. Now look at it...you hardly hear of it except online. Although you know what myspace is still growing and will continue to grow. I know that alot of the online talk in the business world has been how to tap into that online potential.

Thanks,
David J. Galich
DWDnet.2007'

banners
Back