The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

SmartLinks Vs Single offers

isedo

Hi awesome people, I'm studying a lot. I'm listening to all of your advice and doing my best to stay organized.
I'd like to ask a question about Smartlinks.

I'm signed to Mobidea and they now recommend to use for people like me, Smartlinks, which sounds exciting because i red that these offers rotate and are in some way optimized in order to give the best result possible.

Since I really do not know which offer I'm promoting, how can I analyze the result and take from it the best learning experience possible?
Do you get my point? Or what I'm thinking is not relevant at all?

Mobidea says:"Instead, you could just set up a Smartlink which will automatically find the best offers for all of your traffic types...So Smartlinks attempt to secure the maximum revenue for you, regardless of where your traffic is coming from."

Will I be able to see which offer is performing and than maybe request to have access to only that offer?

Which is the best strategy to use with the Smartlinks?

I red this article but I'd like to hear some real-world experience from someone who is doing some good work with these.
Thanks folks!

Since I really do not know which offer I'm promoting, how can I analyze the result and take from it the best learning experience possible?
Do you get my point? Or what I'm thinking is not relevant at all?
You cannot
--(probably) only from the network's provided stats on conversions
--not the raw traffic codes --only a count (maybe)
You can track a referral source (ad) to its URL through your (in house) tracker

So, if the link is forwarded with a tracking code
--that code may appear in your conversion stats with the affiliate network (should)​
--ask or read the documentation for that network's stats.​

What do you think about this kind of offer? Should I go into that or not? Can it be interesting for sake of learning and progressing?

Yeah, I was just wondering if this would be the correct path to follow while starting as everyone says: use the traffic to learn. Can u see my point?

See how it converts for you. That's the bottom line (always) 'money on the wood'

You won't master exact traffic management most likely.

I'm still setting up the tags but in the meanwhile, i was wondering, since the SmartLink is just a link, and it's not related to any specific country, I have still to decide in the Traffic Source which Geo to target. Am I right?

I'm asking because in the tracker, I have the option to set the Country at the Campaign level. Even if the tracker says it's not affecting the Campaing, should I put Global or specify a Geo?

Follow the networks prompts on what GEO's are possible on THEIR link ...
Probably global and choose the GEO's you need at the DSP/SSP level (traffic network's interface)
There is no info from the network about geo.
This is the only info they provide for the smartlinks:

When promoting the Smartlink, you must comply with the following rules:

• Smartlink accepts only Android Chrome (ver. 47+) & iOS (ver. 11+) Safari traffic
  • No content locking or iframe
  • No brand/carrier (operator) logos or copyrighted images
  • No use of the word FREE
  • No false promise of winning a prize or money
If you break any of these rules, we will detect it and you won’t get paid.

Well, the advantage of a smartlink is the funneling and auto-optimization.
If the reporting contains the offer converted; so you can segment --that's good too.

Follow the networks prompts on what GEO's are possible on THEIR link ...
Probably global and choose the GEO's you need at the DSP/SSP level (traffic network's interface)

• then you have to test what GEO's will convert at your cost (dumb)
  • ask the AM what they suggest you try maybe they know.

banners
Back