The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Sites Google Com indexing

iamb

Hi SEOs,
Has anyone been able to index any google sites lately? I am talking about anything hosted on sites.google.com.

I have been experimenting with google sites for a while and can't seem to be able to index 2 of my projects.

I have done the usual stuff such as adding analytics tag, adding in search console and even send few links to the sites.

Using the google operator "site:Sign in - Google Accounts" to check the indexing status shows nothing.

Here is the kicker though, when i copy a portion of my content and do a plagiarism check, it shows my sites (copyscape).

Has anyone experienced this?

Any guidance on how to have a google site indexed properly?

My apology if this has previously been discussed here. I did a quick search and could not find previous posts (i am still getting used to the search function of the forum).

Interesting, they usually index pretty quickly. Your link gets a 404.

no that was not my link above. Just a dumpy link to show the google operator check i was making.
My content has been up for more than 3 months and not indexed. I am lost with my troubleshooting, hence me checking if anyone else had experienced this.

Sites.Google is new to me, they may have different rules. I would never host any site on any server other than my own. My sites index fast!

Sites.Google is new to me, they may have different rules. I would never host any site on any server other than my own. My sites index fast!

Thanks TJ for getting back to me. I was trying to leverage google sites' DR for SEO purposes as apposed to a new domain. I saw one of your posts where you were recommending a VPS to a newbie or some sort. From your experience, is it better to have one's own server for affiliate marketing? Probably if need more control over the load and so forth, i would assume?

@iamb interesting I know alot about Google and didn't know about sites.google.com
Question --> Why have you been experimenting with Google Sites?
Nothing all wrong with experimenting
But why its with Google Sites?
Did you see a Google Site appear on page 1 in search results?
(disclaimer --> I have been drinking wine today)

@iamb interesting I know alot about Google and didn't know about sites.google.com
Question --> Why have you been experimenting with Google Sites?
Nothing all wrong with experimenting
But why its with Google Sites?
Did you see a Google Site appear on page 1 in search results?
(disclaimer --> I have been drinking wine today)

I have seen people leveraging sites.google.com to rank higher on google. Plenty rankings on page 1, it's faster than trying to rank with a brand new site.

I believe some call it "parasite seo" it's like using sites like medium.com or quora.com to rank on page 1.

Not sure where you are based but if you type "super mario flash 3" for example in google search, you will see a google site on page 1.

Ahrefs shows more than 180k sites ranking on position 1 - all using sites.google.com

Bump, exactly @T J Tutor 100% correct
Don't try & save money (use free hosting) if it wastes your time (doesn't do anything)

I am definitively not using free hosting but i do experiment with them for sure. I use shared hosting and was wondering if a vps or a dedicated server is recommended for Affiliate Marketing. I guess if you need more control, it's warranted!

I am definitively not using free hosting but i do experiment with them for sure. I use shared hosting and was wondering if a vps or a dedicated server is recommended for Affiliate Marketing. I guess if you need more control, it's warranted!

A VPS to start, at minimum. A dedicated server when budget permits.

banners
Back