The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Should I Design Or Buy

Strickland

I've been messing around with wordpress for a couple of days trying my hand at making squeeze pages for a project I'm doing. The more I research the subject the more it confuses me.
I don't have the funds to throw traffic at these pages to test them out and tweek the conversions so Im begining to wonder if its wise to have a couple of squeezepages built proffesionally.
So I'm curious as to how much I should be paying for a good squeezepage

Define 'good'?
Thing is you have to have an understanding of the market and its language <<< that's how I define good rather that 'good enough'.
Wordpress is not what you want to use. I would use HTML, Javascript and PHP.
I assume you need an email so you want validation and maybe some GEO targeting with the logging with the recorded emails.
So how sophisticated of a set-up do you want/need?
I have found templates for as little as $12 that look pretty pro. Can you edit the HTML OK?
And no I am not lookin' for some work :D
Have a look here: https://codecanyon.net/
Maybe, you can find what you need ...

I use AdPlexity to download working landers and then have our graphics person re-imagine them for my campaign. I usually have them make 5 versions to test.

Many affiliate network offers, and many affiliate programs, offer free landers too.

Having landers made by a reputable person can range from $15 to $300, depending on how much information and examples you provide them as well as how sophisticated you want them.

And no I am not lookin' for some work :D
Man thats a shame, I keep stubbing my toe on this big wod of cash here on the floor, I was desperate to get rid :p

Define 'good'?
This is my problem, right now i don't know whats good or good enough, i found a thread on here started by The Landing Page Guys and he said his squeeze pages have improved conversion rates on cold traffic by 50%, his words not mine.
As a test i was planning to send 600k cold visitors to a squeeze to start building a list and I'm hoping for a conversion rate of 0.5%. If I can improve that by outsourcing a squeeze it might be worth the investment.

Thanks for the link i'll have a look, with a lot of coffee and a quite room i can work with HTML but have to admit i love the drag and drop stuff you can get with WP.

Why is it no good to use WP for this?

Last edited:
how much I should be paying
Something like ~$15 in my opinion.

If you get a ready-made template, it'll be good to go since collecting emails is not just a frontend task, it requires knowledge of some backend language like php (wordpress can work here). I'd use simple bootstrap/html/css/js and php (for backend of course) to create something like that. ;)

Something like ~$15 in my opinion.
This why I gave you that link -- $15 is chump change to me :p
Top rate job maybe $50 still chump change to me ...

It's a matter of speed; WordPress is bloatware for a task like a squeeze page with tracking and a CTA click link (or redirect).
What type of server are you using anyway and what volume capacity to you want to be able to accommodate?

Take a look at PureLander.com too @tyoussef that may be right for you too (drag and drop).
@Aditya007 I like bootstrap too -- Twitter developed it ;)

Better design yourself, even if it is amateurish.
Otherwise you can find cheap designers in fiverr,seoclerk etc.

I would not recommend using Wordpress at all. It's not profitable, it looks terrible, it works terrible, and you still need something more custom and functional later. We recently made a project from scratch and even with a small budget made everything custom. I think that with such a question, you'd better contact the designer or developer. We discussed all issues with Awesomic so that the project looks like a single whole and even the internal software looks fine. Builders will never be able to provide you with convenient and functional software, but you can play with it to figure out the topic yourself.

banners
Back