The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO For An Online Clothing Store

IM_Newbie

Wondering how you guys optimize your category pages for SEO?

Let´s take "Best Sellers" or "Collection" category pages for example.

What would be your primary keyword to use for the page title? H1?

On most of the sites I see when running a small Google search I see just "Best Sellers" or "Collection" keywords being used so, does relevancy matter in this? I mean, wouldn´t be better to pick a keyword more relevant to the targeted niche rather than just "Best Seller" or "Collection"?

Cheers!

In most cases the page title has to be the same as the H1 tag. For other cases, the page title and H1 tag can be similar and closely related but they don't have to be identical. If the page is new, I suggest they be the same. If the page is aged, then use a variation for the tag.

The "Title Tag" is expressed as "title" and the "H1 Tag" is expressed as "h1". Both serve as titles to describe what your webpage is about.

If you meant organic listings they are <title>
then <description> when relevant to the pages content text
or a snippet of the page content text relevant to the search term ...

I see just "Best Sellers" or "Collection" keywords being used so, does relevancy matter in this? I mean, wouldn´t be better to pick a keyword more relevant to the targeted niche

The latter is correct. Especially on content sites that rely on continued growth of original information over time and also when/if curated content is added.

Wondering how you guys optimize your category pages for SEO?

<meta title>Best Selling Men's Belts of 2020 - Newbie Belt Shop</title>
<meta description>Find best selling men's belts for 2020 on Newbie's Belt Shop, in 5 styles - Leather Belts, Military Belts, Suit Belts, Metal Belts and Ninja Belts.</description>

<h1>Best Selling Men's Belts</h1>
<p>Here are the lists of best selling men's belts for 2020 on Newbie's Belt Shop, in our 5 styles - leather, military, suit, metal, ninja.</p>

<h2>Best Selling Men's Leather Belts</h2> (link to sub category)
--> #1 Product (link), #2 Product (link), #3 Product (link)

<h2>Best Selling Men's Military Belts</h2> (link to sub category)

<h2>Best Selling Men's Suit Belts</h2> (link to sub category)

<h2>Best Selling Men's Metal Belts</h2> (link to sub category)

<h2>Best Selling Men's Ninja Belts</h2> (link to sub category)

Let´s take "Best Sellers" or "Collection" category pages for example.
What is keyword volume for these searches of your target customer?

What would be your primary keyword to use for the page title? H1?
Use keywords customer is searching

On most of the sites I see when running a small Google search I see just "Best Sellers" or "Collection" keywords being used so, does relevancy matter in this?
Make list of those sites, then do website analysis with Semrush & you see if this keyword actually gets them traffic

I mean, wouldn´t be better to pick a keyword more relevant to the targeted niche rather than just "Best Seller" or "Collection"?
Can you give some examples?

:cool:

I follow Google's recommended guidelines for headings

"Use a heading hierarchy and take the following items under consideration:
  • Use a level-1 heading for the page title or main content heading. In some publishing systems, a level-1 heading might be generated automatically based on a page title that you supply.
  • Don't skip levels of the heading hierarchy. For example, put an <h3> only under an <h2>."
For PPC it probably doesn't matter and you can use font size, but SEO I am making sure 100% complaint

What is keyword volume for these searches of your target customer?
For the sake of this example, let´s assume the online clothing store is targeting military-like designs. You know, camouflage related stuff.

So, in order to build a relevant H1 for a "Collection" page, would it be "Military Shirts Camouflage Collection"? Or just "Collection" and optimize both the page title and meta description with a more relevant and enticing content?
Make list of those sites, then do website analysis with Semrush & you see if this keyword actually gets them traffic
This is exactly what I did and most of the top-ranking sites for my client´s niche are using the shortest version for these types of archive pages like "Best Sellers" or just "Collections".

H1 and H2 are legacy signals today
Font sizing is a better signal.
I could just make the H1, H2 size what I want in my CSS declarations --so what is the point --is that tag a signal --too obvious IMHO ...

So, in order to build a relevant H1 for a "Collection" page, would it be "Military Shirts Camouflage Collection"? Or just "Collection" and optimize both the page title and meta description with a more relevant and enticing content?

It's all what the customer language is
Does the customer type collection?
I never used this word on Google even 1 time

@IM_Newbie stay with clothing its very good category
I am earning $100+ every day & only just started in summer
My AOV is $20 now not so competitive (not worth it competitor for PPC)
Find a niche on 4th sub category & dominate it !!
Get domain name for niche
Example blackleatherboots.com
Keep knocking on doors

Make sure your site loads quickly · Create product pages that are easy to shop · Add calls to action (CTAs) that stand out · Choose font carefully.

People search
  1. brands or
  2. by some 'generic' term like pants or sweater
  3. with an adjective like blue, red, cheap or best.
  4. location can be used if your (the searcher's) intent mainstreet (local)
Best sellers is just suggestive navigation -- if the item meets 1,2, or 3 above it might have some SEO 'afterthought' value. I am not discounting is add on sale or alternative conversion possibilities but these are UX and not SEO.

You are not a native English speaker
In English the adjective proceeds the noun ...
blue bus
not bus blue
Military Shirts Camouflage Collection

collection is just a group of things

BDU Camo Shirt has meaning in the Military surplus 'lingo' (language understanding)
BDU Camo Shirt at DuckDuckGo

MI
Back