The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

SEO Contest - Follow your site progress here

It's a pity Seocontest2008 Top100 page doesn't reflect the actual positions in the contest, hence in the last days many things changed.

I know a Google search will show up the actual positions, but it was very useful to see the "movers and shakers" on the Top100 page.

[SIZE=-1]The site www. seocontest2008.com overtook [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]seocontest2008.uk.com for the first place, while [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]seocontest2008.org hiked up to SERP#5 ![/SIZE]My tiny and ugly site is still indicated as being on SERP #83, while after the last jump of +12 actually it jumped +28 to #58.

Can something be done to have the Top100 script refreshing at least once per day?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandor,
But it refeshes once per day via cron job, sometimes the cron job fails and we have to update it manually, if you notice that it has not updated in 48 hours, let me know and we will look into the cron job

Thanks

It's a pity Seocontest2008 Top100 page doesn't reflect the actual positions in the contest, hence in the last days many things changed.

I know a Google search will show up the actual positions, but it was very useful to see the "movers and shakers" on the Top100 page.

[SIZE=-1]The site www. seocontest2008.com overtook [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]seocontest2008.uk.com for the first place, while [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]seocontest2008.org hiked up to SERP#5 ![/SIZE]My tiny and ugly site is still indicated as being on SERP #83, while after the last jump of +12 actually it jumped +28 to #58.

Can something be done to have the Top100 script refreshing at least once per day?

Hi Temi, is the ranking from the Google API or is this a site scraper? Because the results does look different, although consistent with some tools like the one on seologs.com and also on seocentro.com.

Sandor,
But it refeshes once per day via cron job, sometimes the cron job fails and we have to update it manually, if you notice that it has not updated in 48 hours, let me know and we will look into the cron job

Thanks
It seems it is not updated since over 48 hours. Cron job may failed to run properly (some servers allow a too short time limit for the cron job execution, that may be the reason behind). Kindly, please update manually.

Benj,
The creator of the application informs me that it does not use Google API, its a scraper script.

Hi Temi, is the ranking from the Google API or is this a site scraper? Because the results does look different, although consistent with some tools like the one on seologs.com and also on seocentro.com.

I will get cron run manually right away
Thanks
It seems it is not updated since over 48 hours. Cron job may failed to run properly (some servers allow a too short time limit for the cron job execution, that may be the reason behind). Kindly, please update manually.

I am only wondering why BenjArriola's beautifully designed site seocontest2008.com doesn't show up on the Top lists, while he is on the top of Google search. Is it because his link is written with single quotes instead of double quotes?

On seocontest2008.com link is:
<a href='http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/' target='_blank'>UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

While on other sites link is:
<a href="http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/" target="_blank">UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

I am only wondering why BenjArriola's beautifully designed site seocontest2008.com doesn't show up on the Top lists, while he is on the top of Google search. Is it because his link is written with single quotes instead of double quotes?

On seocontest2008.com link is:
<a href='http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/' target='_blank'>UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

While on other sites link is:
<a href="http://www.ukwebmasterworld.com/" target="_blank">UK Webmaster World SEO Contest</a>

I think I know the reason, some datacenters are showing no "www" in my SEOContest2008 entry and the site I have registered in the contest has a www so their pattern matching is not finding a match in their database.

But I really had to go through this change a few days back, but I expect it to fix itself after a few days.

how do i get my seocontest2008.org appear on the leaderboard ?

I think you just have to clear up with them if you are going to use the "www" or "no www." I think their database of participants has you with the "www" so in their SERP checking doing string comparisons, it does not see your entry.

If you want to complete with no "www" then I think you just need to have it changed.

I had the same issue last week since I dropped the "www" because I could not see my site after I did a DNS change because the "www" was cached and Google started indexing the non-www URL. But after the DNS has propagated, I switched it back to with the www and now it's fixed.

I like the site skinner found. I have a small disagreement with the reported results of the early days. The site shows my page never being higher than position four. I know my page was as high as three a few days and two for at least one day. Perhaps the data center used gives more weight to European sites over American web sites? Or does my local Google search give more weight to American web sites, or Californian web sites? In any event, I don't know enough to compete with the current leaders.

GOOD JOB to the top 10 currently.

banners
Back