The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Selling products that solve problems vs products that boost status

OscarMike

Hi everyone. According to one dropshipping course that I took, the best product to sell online is one that solves a problem that the customer has. For instance, selling charcoal teeth whitening to help whiten teeth at a fraction of the cost of regular teeth whitening. Selling a Clickbank weight loss product is another example.

The course also recommends to avoid selling products that boost someone's status. For instance, print-on-demand products boost status (why not buy a regular white tshirt?). Examples include custom tshirts and funny coffee mugs. Some products that boost status can't even be bought online. For instance, it's not easy to find a Ferrari dealer that sells these cars online without you visiting a local Ferrari dealer.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you agree with this observation?

Thanks

Are you using directive or creative advertising?
Directive would be SEM or possibly segment marketing (affinity by age or income [or other criterion]) --directing someone with some specific need.
Creative might be Facebook ads, Native ads even push or pop ads --creating an impulse buy ...

Right shoe or Left shoe --they are not the same ;)

Are you using directive or creative advertising?
Directive would be SEM or possibly segment marketing (affinity by age or income [or other criterion]) --directing someone with some specific need.
Creative might be Facebook ads, Native ads even push or pop ads --creating an impulse buy ...

Right shoe or Left shoe --they are not the same ;)
In the world of affiliate marketing, there's one golden rule: products that solve problems are often the ones that truly succeed.

Remember, as affiliate marketers, we're not just selling products; we're offering solutions that make lives better. Keep your audience's needs front and center, and success will follow.

Remember, as affiliate marketers, we're not just selling products; we're offering solutions that make lives better.

REALLY? So when one of my luxury watch campaigns successfully converts a buyer for a Patek Philippe for $150k I'm not just selling a product but rather offering a solution to make that person's life better? I think you need to re-evaluate what affiliate marketing is. While there are admirable affiliate marketing opportunities out there that do provide solutions for a better life, I would not typically include things like supplements, pronography, forex, etc., in that group!

I'm getting the impression you are just using AI for threads and posts or maybe a bot. Am I close?

Hmmm,
Sounds like YouTube hype to me. I have been selling and providing goods and services for about 40 years. I know why people buy into ideas. Over generalizing all buyer motivations to solving their "problem" is overly simplistic.

An investor once handed me a check in 1982 for $280,000 to escrow for 4 second purchase money TDs (mortgages) that we offered for sale at discount to him; I don't think he had a problem or I had a solution. I sold him, plain and simple, selling is selling.

What succeeds is having the right value to offer --where the big dogs pee.

And the only rule is to 'feel ya' understand what a customer is thinking when you are 'talking.'

In the world of affiliate marketing: touching a viewer's needs in an advertising creative or a landing page presentation (e.g.; copy and content) is what succeeds.

To just put a possible solution on the table --and expect a person to buy is the surest path to failure. That's fishing for a 'lay down sale' and there are damn few of those to be found.
Hmmm , haven't thought about it that way, I guess joining the forum was a great decision. Learning from top Affiliates is beginning to broaden my perspective.

Thanks for engaging Sir.

In the world of affiliate marketing, there's one golden rule: products that solve problems are often the ones that truly succeed.
Sounds like YouTube hype to me. I have been selling and providing goods and services for about 40 years. I know why people buy into ideas. Over generalizing all buyer motivations to solving their "problem" is overly simplistic.

An investor once handed me a check in 1982 for $280,000 to escrow for 4 second purchase money TDs (mortgages) that we offered for sale at discount to him; I don't think he had a problem or I had a solution. I sold him, plain and simple, selling is selling.

And the only rule is to 'feel ya' understand what a customer is thinking when you are 'talking.'

In the world of affiliate marketing: touching a viewer's needs in an advertising creative or a landing page presentation (e.g.; copy and content) is what succeeds.

To just put a possible solution on the table --and expect a person to buy is the surest path to failure. That's fishing for a 'lay down sale' and there are damn few of those to be found.

Hmmm,

Hmmm , haven't thought about it that way, I guess joining the forum was a great decision. Learning from top Affiliates is beginning to broaden my perspective.

Thanks for engaging Sir.

REALLY? So when one of my luxury watch campaigns successfully converts a buyer for a Patek Philippe for $150k I'm not just selling a product but rather offering a solution to make that person's life better? I think you need to re-evaluate what affiliate marketing is. While there are admirable affiliate marketing opportunities out there that do provide solutions for a better life, I would not typically include things like supplements, pronography, forex, etc., in that group!

I'm getting the impression you are just using AI for threads and posts or maybe a bot. Am I close?
Nope, am kinda new to the Affiliate space, and that's what I was meant to believe. Am happy to learn from experienced Affiliate like you Sir.

Thanks for engaging.

MI
Back