The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Securing Download Page in Paypal for Digital Goods?

Eric Williams

affiliate
How's it going people,

I'm currently getting ready to start selling through PayPal and was wanting to know is there a way to secure my download URL so that those who purchase can't take it and share it with the world?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Basically there are 2 ways to get your download URLs secured: a download-page or - a bit more complex - a membership portal.

Download Page: change your URLs very often and use a protection system like Protect Your Digital Products With DigitalLockDownPro - Digital Download Protection Security System

Membership Portal: use a wordpress- or optimizepress-membership-theme and then add a membership-plugin like e.g. Membership Software | WishList Member - Membership Software - WordPress Membership Plugin - Membership Sites or
Fast Member – Builds Membership Sites In Minutes Not Hours or
Membership Plugin for WordPress | Membership Site Software For WordPress and HTML sites - Automate payments & content delivery
which effectively lock all your content on your sites so that only members have access ;)

Do you have an alternative?
There are 2 additional possibilities to make your download page slightly more secure (I just didn't want to make it too complicated at the beginning, @Eric Williams) :
  • add "nofollow" and "noindex" meta codes to your download URLs;
  • exclude your download page from the search engines by a robots.txt file in the root directory of your database;
As a result, your download pages and download-URLs are no longer indexed by the crawlers and therefore can no longer be found directly via the search engines in the SERPs :ninja:

Plus the most noble manner: Add CPA Content Locker Offers to your protected files.
Thus you can earn twice: Once the lock will be resolved you'll earn on a CPA offer, and then secondly on your own products ;)

A final note: Nothing is completely secure on the Internet and therefore your content will never be 100% safe.

But if you discover a pirated copy, you can still sue the guy in question, and with a good attorney even get a neat fine - perhaps even more than with your actual product ;):affiliatefix:

Last edited:
banners
Back