The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Script for browser back button redirect

bpenn34

Banned
I am looking for a script that will redirect a site visitor to a page that I set when they click the back button in their browser, instead of going to the page they were on previously.

I searched the forum and web but couldn't find a working code. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

I think there is one in AffKit, if you have an account.

Some landing page editors have them, as well. I know PureLander does, not sure about others.

Last edited:
You could use a simple jquery script.

Code:
$(function() {
    if (window.history && window.history.pushState) {
        window.history.pushState('', null, './');
        $(window).on('popstate', function() {
            document.location.href = 'https://google.com';
        });
    }
});

Yep, PureLander has it.

I'm looking forward to finding me a Clickjacker script though would be cool to slip one in there with the hope that someone would rip and run my LP without noticing ... I know chances are it's unlikely it'll happen but that'll be pretty cool

I'm looking forward to finding me a Clickjacker script though would be cool to slip one in there with the hope that someone would rip and run my LP without noticing ... I know chances are it's unlikely it'll happen but that'll be pretty cool

AffKit has one. It's silent, the landing page thief won't know. :D
This link will rotate with the thief's link on Call to Action based on the weight from the next step.

I think that is a bad business practice. Leaving a user with a bad taste in their mouth --manipulated by an advertisement (or website shopping cart with no <- Back option). If they didn't buy the first time they will never return, or while rare, refer someone else. The worst part is you are just creating more ad-aversion and buyer resistance with such foul practices.

That's my take on the subject
pushState is very useful for good things --this is not one of them.

I have to agree with @Graybeard from a consumer's point of view. If I come across no back button access, I close the site in frustration or pull down on the back button arrow and move to a past page without it if I can, so I can go elsewhere. Usually have to close out of the site.

However, a fair number of marketers still like to use it. I can only assume it pays off somehow.

I never assume to know anyones motives for anything.

There are many times a back button may need to be disabled.

Imagine someone is using surveys for marketing. They change the back button so instead of going back to the last page/question it instead forces the user to restart the entire surver.

This is just a simple example off the top of my head that one could probably find holes in, but my point is really that we shouldn't assume ones motives or what the expectations of a user may be as it can very much be situation specific.

banners
Back