The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Returning lurker...

Does Affiliate Marketing have a healthy long-term?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who's to tell?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thehuffman

affiliate
Hey Everyone,

My name's Mike. I lurked here for about a year a couple years ago. Now in my late twenties, I'm longing to have something financially that I can build. I'm tired of serving tables. I've got a background as a graphic designer and video editor and I majored in advertising at university.

The issue I face is one of being overwhelmed. Where does one even START? What software beyond the trackers, servers, etc. do I need to hit the ground running? I'm honestly looking for a course/group that would almost literally hold my hand while I explore this underground world. Of course, some of these things do exist, but the question is which courses/training are worth it.

What are your thoughts on 6WAMC, simply being in STM, or doing the course Charles Ngo offers?

Hiya, Mike. Welcome to AffiliateFix. Thanks for including us in your new journey!

Information overload/overwhelm is a common complaint but it needn't be your experience. Here's what you're going to do, after you take a deep breath to clear your head:

Focus on ONE vertical, ONE method, ONE traffic source, ONE tracker. Master them or decide they aren't for you before moving on to try a different vertical, method, traffic source or tracker.

When you get confused or have questions...and you will...you just need to start a thread in the appropriate forum and someone will help you. Even if you just need moral support, someone will be there, just for the asking. It's what we do, it's how we roll. :D

To help get you started, I always like to recommend that newbies start with these threads:

http://www.affiliatefix.com/forums/whatisaffiliatemarketing/
http://www.affiliatefix.com/forums/newbie-helpdesk.77/

I think you might find the Newbie Helpdesk particularly helpful at this stage. You can see what problems newbies typically run into, what type of questions and fears they have, or have had.

By the way, your experience in graphic design and video editing may well prove helpful for you, going forward.

Best of luck in your new venture. Don't let confusion cloud the excitement of a fresh beginning in a new field. :)

Enjoy the forums, Mike!

Hey Everyone,

My name's Mike. I lurked here for about a year a couple years ago. Now in my late twenties, I'm longing to have something financially that I can build. I'm tired of serving tables. I've got a background as a graphic designer and video editor and I majored in advertising at university.

The issue I face is one of being overwhelmed. Where does one even START? What software beyond the trackers, servers, etc. do I need to hit the ground running? I'm honestly looking for a course/group that would almost literally hold my hand while I explore this underground world. Of course, some of these things do exist, but the question is which courses/training are worth it.

What are your thoughts on 6WAMC, simply being in STM, or doing the course Charles Ngo offers?

Hello Mike :)

Welcome to Affiliatefix :affiliatefix::affiliatefix::affiliatefix:

It's great that you already have experience
as a graphic designer and video editor, this will be
a huge advantage for you.

Much success in your endeavors!!

See you around the forum, enjoy...:cool:

MI
Back