The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Restarting IM Journey

MrSharpie

affiliate
Hi.

I used to do some affiliate marketing through niche sites back around 2007 to 2010. I was somewhat successful. I dabbled in a few other things too.

I haven’t made anything online in almost 10 years. I’ve forgotten a lot and also everything has changed.

I’m not sure if you can still make money with niche sites or not. I’d like to get my feet wet in something (or multiple things). Im starting with a limited budget (few hundred dollars) and lots of time . I’m very motivated to work hard and find success again online.

Aside from niche sites I am doing Amazon FBA—flipping used books at local thrift stores for a profit. I just started. I purchased a Gaylord of books recently for $120 but it was mostly a disappointment. My house is still full of them. Im considering listing them in bulk on eBay in my spare time.

I really want to get something going and start earning at least $1000 a month (stable income) within 2-3 months. Obviously I’d like to earn a lot more but that is my starting point.

I decided after I stepped down from my job in February that I was finished working for other people. Since then I’ve made the rules and have been doing nearly anything I can think of to make money. Like advertising free pickup and drop off of thrift store items (letting people know I’d be keeping some things to resell). I just got $400 worth of collectible books doing this.
Hopefully they sell soon.

Ive been using food delivery apps, Rover (pet sitting), Instacart (grocery shopping), and buying things at thrift stores to resell on eBay/Amazon. I have lots of small fires burning because I have to pay the bills—but what I really want t to do full time is Internet/Affiliate Marketing.

I am very serious about getting something going this year. I’d like to meet other people who are more experienced than I am—and also others in a similar situation as myself.

I’ll probably have a blog up soon to document my journey.

Anyway. Happy to have found this forum.

-MrSharpie

Last edited:
Welcome to AffiliateFix!

You can earn in any niche, you just have to research, plan, and execute with loads of split testing. The industry is alive, well, and growing as fast as ever.

You are correct in that many things have changed! Loads more honesty, far less black hat, and abundance of advertising and traffic options, etc.

Dig in, get a set of brains, take action, do loads of testing, and EARN BIG!

Last edited:
Welcome to AffiliateFix!

Yoiu can earn nin any niche, you just have to research, plan, and execute with loads of split testing. The industry is alive, well, and growing as fast as ever.

You are correct in that many things have changed! Loads more honesty, far less black hat, and abundance of advertising and traffic options, etc.

Dig in, get a set of brains, take action, do loads of testing, and EARN BIG!

Thanks for the reply! Back in the day all I had to do was install WordPress on a blog. Do keyword research. Build some Backlinks and in 3-6 months or so my site would rank for some decent keywords. If I went this route again—is 3-6 months still possible do you think?

Focus, then focus more.
It is hard to do sometimes but you win a war by winning lots of battles.
Try to define an objective other that the proverbial: 'I want lots of money!' that is a loser's approach.

Ranking in search today is about site popularity and usage; and not artificial pointers designed to fool search engines. Create something useful to the public -- and not typical spammy trash.
Total number of Websites - Internet Live Stats
the great sea of junk :p
*25% are actually exhibiting activity

(June) Websites Change Internet Users Users per
Website Websites launched
2018 1,630,322,579 -8% :eek:
2017 1,766,926,408 69%
2016 1,045,534,808 21%
2015 863,105,652 -11% 3,185,996,155* 3.7
2014 968,882,453 44% 2,925,249,355 3.0
2013 672,985,183 -3% 2,756,198,420 4.1
2012 697,089,489 101% 2,518,453,530 3.6
2011 346,004,403 67% 2,282,955,130 6.6
2010 206,956,723 -13% 2,045,865,660 9.9 Pinterest, Instagram
2009 238,027,855 38% 1,766,206,240 7.4

Thanks for the tips! I’m definitely going to be coming up with some clear goals/steps!

I’m not sure what my niche will be but it will definitely be something I’m either interested in already or could be interested in. I’m at the very beginning. I’m just observing information at this point but will have to do some research and decide on a course of action soon.

Hello @MrSharpie,

Welcome to the community. I see that you are a motivated person that is ready to make money online.

Would you be interested in adult affiliate marketing?

lol. Nope. Not a chance.

Don't suffer from the red light/green light syndrome. Hear him out before saying no. Earning is earning. Do not allow your personal feelings to interfere with your marketing. Outside of choosing white hat, there should be no other barriers that are self imposed. You should hear him out on what he has to offer before ever making a decision.

MI
Back