The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Realistic beginner budget

Tuavale

Quick question.

Is $500/mo a realistic starting budget? That's including marketing tools. Some resources recommend $700.

Depends what kind of offers you want to do marketing for... If its Forex it won't be enough... But if its cams or dating or something lie that, it might be enough.

Give us some more info about what you want to achieve

My preliminary decision is:

Vertical: Gaming
Traffic: Mobile

I am trying to be responsible and be a bit more methodical since we're living in trying times. I am wondering if I should hold off and be more conservative in the event my job is lost, etc.

My preliminary decision is:

Vertical: Gaming
Traffic: Mobile

I am trying to be responsible and be a bit more methodical since we're living in trying times. I am wondering if I should hold off and be more conservative in the event my job is lost, etc.

Tbh $500 ain't much... for example, i really waste $500 on every campaign (divided over 5 days) before i start improving the campaign, that way i would have enough data to see what would work, and what doesn't.

And gaming is pretty competitive in terms of getting the traffic so the bidding (CPC) therefore might be pretty high...
Look what others do in the niche you want to start in, and copy what they do... Why trying invent something totally new, while you can just (legally) copy someone else there campaign :) If they can do it, than everyone can do it :)

research,research,research...:cool:

i really waste $500 on every campaign (divided over 5 days) before i start improving the campaign

Yes, this is the minimum for testing. Scaling will require a great deal more. Frankly, these days, $500 doesn't even cover my servers, intelligence platforms, landing pages, and media & creatives. Add to that the cost of split testing.

My last campaign with natives cost me nearly $3k by the time I refined my tests and was ready for launch. Scaling was nearly $10k out of the gate and that was the first week.

That said, this is where you want to get to. As a beginner, I suggest you focus on one or two networks to learn the ropes of promoting offers. I think you are jumping from one network to the next to find greener pastures and you haven't developed your skill sets yet.

As a beginner, keep it simple.

Yes, this is the minimum for testing. Scaling will require a great deal more. Frankly, these days, $500 doesn't even cover my servers, intelligence platforms, landing pages, and media & creatives. Add to that the cost of split testing.

My last campaign with natives cost me nearly $3k by the time I refined my tests and was ready for launch. Scaling was nearly $10k out of the gate and that was the first week.

That said, this is where you want to get to. As a beginner, I suggest you focus on one or two networks to learn the ropes of promoting offers. I think you are jumping from one network to the next to find greener pastures and you haven't developed your skill sets yet.

As a beginner, keep it simple.
Wow. Extremely mind blown. That's some serious capital expenditures.

So I gather even the field of affiliate marketing is expensive in itself? So what's everyone's opinion on a practical beginner budget? (No campaigns, nothing) I was looking to establish myself as a business with my govt and IRS in order to apply for various affiliate networks. I wanted to establish a business account but I wanted to make sure I have the support structure in place to support the effort. Any feedback is appreciated.

Wow. Extremely mind blown. That's some serious capital expenditures.

It's "peanuts" in the grand scheme of things. If that is all I did I would likely be up to a $10k or $15k spend per day. Remember, your goal is to work your way up to those numbers. Many super affiliates are spending $15k, $20k, even $50k a day amd more!

Look: There are 2 kinds of capital
  1. Cash in the bank, and
  2. Intellectual Capital --the value of your experiences and your skills
It gets easier with time. The more you know the better (more effectively) your cash gets spent.
Whether that means you know how to buy services or are able to do a lot yourself (and it's worth your time).

I think buying habits have changed with this pandemic -- I just got done ordering canning jars and 2 extra chains for my new pole saw trimmer. Today, growing food and clearing brush to make vegetable gardens is a new priority of mine. Last year I was buying garden flowers and flower bulbs. Point is adapt or die ... I am still spending money --but on different things.

Some are struggling to pay rent and utility bills right now --so Internet "junk" is not on their list is my point --unless the price is right --free. Find what people are interested in now --and you will make bank.

No, I understand. Just wanted to ask. I think its more of a status than an income level. Thank you for helping.

A super affiliate can be broke but have all the knowledge and skills to invest a small amount of money to be profitable.

A super affiliate can be broke

Well, I can't agree with you on this. Having the skills does not make one an SA. The true measure of an SA in this industry is the dollar and this has always been the measure. There are many that were SA's, but are no longer earning. They were SA's, but are not currently SA's.

You need to go through what all the rest of us have gone through. Researching, discovery, failing, succeeding, failing succeeding, failing, succeeding, more researching, more discovery, etc., etc., etc. This never ends. It took me more than a year to make any significant money. I held on, I kept after it, I spent boatloads of money so I could learn to use a tracker and study the data. Once I had mastered trackers and mastered reading the data, the rest all fell into place and I was earning everyday.

This is a data driven business. It's all in the data. It tells you every step of the way where to spend your money.

Well, I can't agree with you on this. Having the skills does not make one an SA. The true measure of an SA in this industry is the dollar and this has always been the measure. There are many that were SA's, but are no longer earning. They were SA's, but are not currently SA's.

You need to go through what all the rest of us have gone through. Researching, discovery, failing, succeeding, failing succeeding, failing, succeeding, more researching, more discovery, etc., etc., etc. This never ends. It took me more than a year to make any significant money. I held on, I kept after it, I spent boatloads of money so I could learn to use a tracker and study the data. Once I had mastered trackers and mastered reading the data, the rest all fell into place and I was earning everyday.

This is a data driven business. It's all in the data. It tells you every step of the way where to spend your money.
I apologize. I meant no disrespect. I'll do what it takes to cover my due diligence.

banners
Back