The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question On Tax & Affiliates

TheRealMeowth

affiliate
Hi Everyone!

I hope someone can help,

I am a UK affiliate and have had an affiliate partnership with a US software for about 2 years or more.

I've always declared the income on my UK tax papers.

Recently I stopped receiving payments and on enquiry I was told to fill out - the W-8BEN form, the quote in the email was:

"Once this is filled out they can also look back at your historical earnings to make sure taxes were paid on the commissions we've sent."

My concern is around what they plan to do with these historical transactions, it appears as though they may not have been paying tax on these payments and are now potentially looking to claim some kind of payment against me?

Has anyone got any thoughts or experience on something like this? I'm also aware I don't want to be double taxed UK side because I've already been declaring these payments annually.

I really appreciate any help you can provide!

Many thanks,

I was told to fill out - the W-8BEN form
That form is an exemption form when payments are made to parties foreign to US (IRS) jurisdiction.
If you declared that revenue to the UK tax authorities then it's just a formality.
The payer to you wants to escape any tax liability for reason he failed to get this W-8BEN from you in the first place (not too professional IMO)

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

banners
Back