The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question from a newbie - How to Get Site in Google

bfc5084

affiliate
ok i started my website and I pay adwords about 10 bucks a day and get around 50 clicks to my website..I have had some sales but I want to know how do I get my website on the search engine??? When i type my website in it dosen't come up... How do i get my website to start to show up on google???

Last edited by a moderator:
bfc5084,

Wow that's a big question. Bigger than you know.

When you search for it are you searching for "My New Site" or mynewsite.com?

If your site is new with no inbound links it could be in the sandbox.
Sandbox Effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you are searching for "My New Site" the keywords in your site title -
then if your site is not designed right for the search engines it could be buried
on page 385.

Do you know the basics of SEO? Have you done the basics?
Do you have any inbound links? How new is the site?

Exactly how did you search for it. (Use generic words like I did, not your real site name.)

no..even when i put my exact website page address in the google search it dosent come up... MY question is how do i get my website to appear on search results..i already do the adwords but i want my site to appear on search results..Whats a inbound link???? whats seo???

Or...

Go to Add your URL to Google and add your site. It will take a few days to a few weeks to show up.

Then, get the book that Linda suggested and optimize your site.

Then, place an ad on Craigslist promoting your website (the high page rank will get you noticed).

That is a start.

In addition to Linda's suggestions, I'd recommend that you purchase a link (can I say this here? ;) ) from TLA - Smart Link Marketing

It is better for a search bot to find your site instead of you going after them. Get some links for a month and go from there if you are really want a shortcut. But learn SEO and do what Linda said for long-term.

Bo

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Actually though jdrenterprises I don't recommend submitting
directly to Google at all! It's really best not to.

She likes it much better when she finds sites on her own. SO when I launch a new site, I'll link from an existing site or set up a free blog about the subject and link to the site or add the new site to sig in a RELATED topic forum. As you add each new link - click the link with the Google toolbar installed. (spread out your clicks and don't add too many at links at once.)

Then she follows the links to your site and finds it herself. I've gotten lots of sites indexed in a couple days doing this. Just remember don't spam your link and only link from targeted or related sites and don't do too many links at 1st. You only need a couple.

IN FACT I've had Google index sites I just built that I didn't even want indexed yet and were not linked from anywhere. The only possible way she could have ever found the site is because I hit it with the toolbar on as I was building it. :)

But just because you feed her a site does not mean it will rank high enough for "real people" to find it. The site needs to be designed right for search engines, have some inbound links and when you are new it's easier to rank with keywords that aren't too competitive. So you need to learn about meta titles, Keywords and stuff and SEOmoz is one of several good free resources.

Ranking in the Google SE is more of an art than a science. As stated before, you probably don't yet have enough links to get indexed (or spidered) by Google.

As Bobang said, it might be worth purchasing a link or two from relevant websites on the internet - like TLA or well indexed web directories.

I hope this helps and best wishes on your new project!

Linda,

For ranking purposes...the SEO Book you mentioned is a great resource.

For getting indexed, every site I have addurl'ed has been indexed within 72 hours. But I do also link from articles and blogs at the same time I build a site...so you are probably right about Google.

Guess I am still old fashioned in a few things. Dagnabbit.

Matt Cutts from google has even stated that it is better to be found by links,I have not submitted a site in years.

And i am sure seo is a science, not an art. Just like anything else in life, there is a process, search engines are no different. You can not remove a tire without jacking it up first. You have to follow the steps.

The same goes with search engines. There is a definate step by step process to attain high rankings.

By the way, Linda is right as usual, a link from a blog, another site, or even a site like craigslist(high pr site) will usualy get you indexed within 24 to 48 hours.

Spiders swirl around authority sites. Adsense will also send a spider quickly, it has to know the content before sending targeted ads.

Blogger even tells you it will happen within 48 hours once you put adsense code on the new blog.

But do not be decieved, seo is a science with a process. Follow the rules, and you are ok.

jcorkern,

Thanks. I had always followed the same pattern when placing my sites, which included the addurl option. I will just remove the addurl portion of my site set up now, and just stick with Craigslist and blogs/getting links to get indexed.

Thanks for the clarification jcorkern. :) It is appreciated.

Meant to mention this before - important point!

In response to the question "how do i get my website to appear on search results?"

Bo said: "I'd recommend that you purchase a link (can I say this here?) from TLA"

Sure you can mention Text Link Ads here. They were a 5 Star client for quite awhile in fact.

However be aware that Matt Cutts and the new Google webmaster guidelines say NOT to buy links and some speculate it could get you banned or at least penalized. So I would definitely not start a brand new site off by buying links - AT LEAST from a well known link seller that G has her eye on.

Not saying don't use TLA at all, simply saying a n00b that doesn't understand the game yet - with a brand new site, should probably not go that route since it's possibly risky

I agree with Linda 100%. Avoid buying links from anywhere, but if you do, make sure it is from TLA since they do not list url's of their sites and do not allow them to link to their site.

The only reason you should buy links is if you fall a few positions short at a major update from a top 10 position(between position 15 and 11). Then 4 or 5 top quality links may push you up between a major update. Keep building links and at the next update, remove the paid links.

They should only be used as a short term solution. this will keep you out of the penalty box or from getting banned.

NEVER buy links from a place that list the sellers url's. This is a nightmare waiting to happen.

To get your site indexed by Google fast I would recommend that you submit some articles on your topic to EzineArticles.com

Colleen

I agree with Linda 100%. Avoid buying links from anywhere, but if you do, make sure it is from TLA since they do not list url's of their sites and do not allow them to link to their site.

If you don't mind me asking, why don't you think that there is anywhere else to buy links other than TLA?

There are several directories that are in Google and do website reviews and offer listing services in categories. Yahoo and MSN both offer directories that list sites
for a fee. Is this considered a paid link?

Are you sure they are not allowed to link to the site?

What about a 3rd party payment center. What about the links in an area that says "sponsored links" and it points to the directory site?

I am sure that there are a few others that are good, but be careful.

you should only buy text links for one reason only, and short term, so why are you defensive about it anyway? I clearly listed the reasons i recomend them, if another company uses the same practises, would you think i would talk bad about them?

I was just giving advise so no one gets punished. Working 3, 6 or 9 months on a site and losing it because of a lack of knowledge can be heartbreaking.

I am just trying to help. And it is not guesswork. This is my full time job. Not some rookie with an opinion, I will tell you nothing unless i am absolutely sure. But you also have to use common sense as anything can be taken ot of context or can be run wild with assumption.

you should only buy text links for one reason only, and short term, so why are you defensive about it anyway? I clearly listed the reasons i recomend them, if another company uses the same practises, would you think i would talk bad about them?

Sorry if I sounded defensive.. I was just asking for clarification, that's all. Nothing short term about it - I've been working full time on the net since 2001.

I was just giving advise so no one gets punished. Working 3, 6 or 9 months on a site and losing it because of a lack of knowledge can be heartbreaking.

I agree totally. Working on a site for 1, 3 or 5 years to lose it would be even more heartbreaking.

I am just trying to help. And it is not guesswork. This is my full time job. Not some rookie with an opinion, I will tell you nothing unless i am absolutely sure. But you also have to use common sense as anything can be taken ot of context or can be run wild with assumption.

Duly noted. Have a great day!

You could try link building through directory submissions, social bookmarking, etc. This would do the trick for you. Focus more on oraganic / natural links.

Do you have any duplicate content on your site? Or have you used Black Hat SEO before for your site? - These are some factors that might explain why you don't really appear on Google ;)

You should get high quality back links from relevant sites. Then your site will be automatically indexed in Google. Submit the site in directories and write articles promoting it.

MI
Back