The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Question from a newbie - How to Get Site in Google

Hi there,
I am not an expert but I have got my site on the 1-3 pages on almost all the search engines. Now coming to how i did it.
1) have your key words added to all you pages in the meta tags section.
2) have rich content with the key word count on the pages of your site.
3) get it submitted to all the search engines by using the add a url link available.
4) get lods of backlinks to your website.
I hope this helps
You also get lods of free url submission software in the market
try IBP its excellent tool

Regards

It is often wondered as to why people are dying to be listed by google or getting their traffic rank in alexa into the top 10.Rewind to 24 months back.Youtube a video website was created by three former paypal employees.The website's proper marketing and uniqueness to provide viewers with every information possible as far as it's trade goes had it being listed in alexa's top 10 traffic rankings and then followed it up by being procurred by google on october 2006.Today it is considered as google's video library and lists third on alexa's rankings for traffic.

Often SEO analysts who are regular posters on SEO webmaster forums would come up on a topic that says alexa's ranking is useless and the main factor that matters is google's pagerank.With due repsects to the latter aspect,I would beg to differ from the first one,that alexa is not important.To feature in alexa top rankings is a show of status for your website.It indicates that your website posses all the requirements needed to capture visitors and make them expore your website in detail.To that convincingly and repeatedly requires smart work if not HARD WORK.As I mentioned earlier that the net was probably the only place where you would be informed on all topics possible, there are cent percent chances that there would be around ten websites similar to yours no matter how hard you try to be unique.Never mind even if you try to use an odd design,extraordinary content and over the roof promotions.Your website is not going to be seen as something that is being offered for the first time.There is a proverb that says"TO BE AMONGST THE CLASS YOU NEED TO RISE FROM THE MASS".I haven't the faintest idea as to who said it but all I know is it holds good for every form of existence.

To be the best amongst all similar websites and to drive your competitors crazy is a big challenge and possibly the toughest one on the internet.Good creative skills does help.Stop immitating others and carve a name that is solely related to you.Even if it is crticized.Once youyr website is created and you do all the marketing startegies well you will definitely get visitors.This first set of visitors would be the one's who would decide the fate of your website.Never mind if they are even a handful.ou impress them more then 50% of your job would be done.These visitors would recommend your website to others who are on the lookout for content that your website will offer.Similarly the second set of visitors would do the same to a third party and so on.Once the word is spread your website is a hit.People would casually start searching for your website on google even if they donot require your services at that particular instant.
Your website should also feature in google's first page if a search related to your website is made.The vistors will only help you to enhance your rankings on alexa.The google theory is "I am the BEST".Once your website is popular and people are
"gung ho" google will automatically come up with a deal that very few would find hard to resist.It is then when ou will find all your efforts and hard work being payed off.Search results for your websites will feature the wikipedia article that you originally wrote but wasn't featured as you wern't listed.More information about you and your website will lead to further discussions on the net.

Actually as has been mentioned several time, it's NOT a good idea to submit
your site to search engines. Most engines, especially Google seem to prefer it if they find your site on their own. Get a few well targeted links from sites, blogs, forums in your industry. Then click the links (not all at once, but spread out) with your Google toolbar on and she'll find them.

This is a reply to marketraise001

That was well said. I keep telling people that alexa does count. as does google and yahoo. Even the smaller engines like MSN, altavista and alltheweb.

This is what i keep trying to stress for people. They need to learn SEO the right way, even if they have to take a class from a "real" pro with proven results. SEO covers a lot of other marketing methods including articles, press releases, social bookmarking, onpage and if you are good at it, link bait.

All of these methods combined will produce traffic for right now, and also raise you in the search engines. so it is a double wammy.

Pay Per Click is also good if you know what you are doing and have the budget for it. there is definatly an art to PPC(adwords), and a novice should be ready to lose some cash when first starting. And if you do decide to use PPC, make sure you use analytics. This is vital, so you know where the buyers are coming from and where the shoppers are coming from.

As far as the marketing strategy of Youtube, these sites also hav an advantage of being first to do it, not because they are better than the copycats. But rather that people are creatures of habbit. they tend to frequent the same sites. This is vital to viral marketing and branding.

Having a top 10 position is not even relevent for youtube. Just like google taking over the search engine market. They branded search so hard that people do not even say "search for it" anymore, they say "Google It". Now that is branding! ;)

And PPC is what brought Google to the top.

I visit webmasterworld and other top SEO and webmaster sites on occasion, but i am not a member of any of them, at least not an active menmber. there are too many "guru's" there that state things as fact when the fact is that it is an opinion.

I guesss the point of my post here is to let people know that you have to use all of the tools combined to get where you need to get.

Try driving a car with everything but a steering wheel. Or missing keys, or spark plugs.

you need the whole car.

Jim

They need to learn SEO the right way, even if they have to take a class from a "real" pro with proven results. SEO covers a lot of other marketing methods including articles, press releases, social bookmarking, onpage and if you are good at it, link bait.

All of these methods combined will produce traffic for right now, and also raise you in the search engines. so it is a double wammy.

Pay Per Click is also good if you know what you are doing and have the budget for it. there is definatly an art to PPC(adwords), and a novice should be ready to lose some cash when first starting. And if you do decide to use PPC, make sure you use analytics. This is vital, so you know where the buyers are coming from and where the shoppers are coming from.

I would have to agree with this! Very well said! ;)

IMO :

Good content + SEO + PPC, Paid back links, Forum posts to similar niche, banners, etc. = Great traffic and more targeted traffic!

IMO, opting for paid ways contribute well to a good marketing mix especially at getting targetted traffic. In reality, getting 10 targetted traffic is better that 100 random traffic. Getting just mere random traffic doesn't constitutes your site's success - it's the conversion you get from your traffic. Getting traffic is just the first step, offering the right stuff to your visitors and conversion should be utmostly considered.

To sum up, SEO is great for the long run and should't be left out. This is a long process and wouldn't always give you immediate results. Premium ways (PPC, paid links, banner, etc) for faster generation of targetted traffic especially if you have time constraints. ;)

banners
Back