The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question about domain names

We bought our URL a few years back when it had 8 years age. We are just getting ready to kick off a major SEO campaign. Will a decade old URL really help with the SERPS? Do keywords - in - the - url make a difference now?

A well-crafted URL is necessary for a better and enhanced user experience. Although URLs has a very minor role in the ranking of your site. Using keywords in the URL can help you increase the site's visibility. Here's an example:

screenshot-www.google.com-2020.04.22-10_45_48.png

I think it mattered a lot more in days gone by but a relative keyword is good for making it easier for people to remember and to identify site focus.

Domain age is one of the big factors to rank. You also need to check its metrics and with that, I believe you don't have a hard time working on it. Exact Match Domain is more likely to be a good choice and 2nd would the Partial Match Domain. Branded domain is kinda very challenging unless you already established your brand.

If you have an option - old domain without any penalties is an advantage compared to totally fresh domain. As for keyword in domain name - you can rank anyway, but all SEOs I know say that if it is possible, having relevant keyword in domain might help.

As with many things, we can't know for sure, but if it doesn't do any harm, and can help, it is worth doing.

We bought our URL a few years back when it had 8 years age. We are just getting ready to kick off a major SEO campaign. Will a decade old URL really help with the SERPS? Do keywords - in - the - url make a difference now?
If your domain is old it means that its traffic must also be significant. Having regular traffic takes money, time and effort, so buying an aged domain with already established heavy traffic by the previous owner is true success.
As for URL, it should be user-friendly and don’t forget to add focus keywords in it. It should consists of 100 characters. In addition, search engines can highlight the corresponding URL of the page in SERP, which naturally increases the CTR of the snippet in the search results. But what does it stands for? As practice shows, it is possible to increase traffic and improve behavioral factors.

Last edited by a moderator:
banners
Back