The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Push notifications traffic

This is the image you might have seen trending on internet these days.
ting.jpeg

You can Google to find this platform to access push traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a personal perspective (POV) as a surfer (consumer of content) ; I allowed a select number of push-notifies from 'respectable' websites -- then dumped all the notices after a while as they became a pain in the ass (the sites abused their privilege).

I don't need a push-notify every time you 'pinch a loaf' on your webpage! :D too much shit!

Hey,

Can i set blacklist and whitelist filter on Propeller Ads ?

I ran a few tests on Propeller Ads push testing different verticals.
Offer tests budgets ranged from $10-$40 each.
I was intrigued because it had ad format similar to native (ad image & text).
My goals were just to see how it was and not necessarily build or bank ;)

Here are my observations based on experience

1. Traffic is clean of fraud bots. There are minuscule amount of regular web bots.
However, the problematic fraud bots / click bots were not there.
I use honeypot bot traps within all LP. Part of the redirect tests include:
java, cookies, ip, ptr hostname, ua , httpd header, and a few other ip/subnet filters.

This actually catches many bots and helps in placement/widget/site filtering.
The newer bots based on the latest headless chrome are a bit harder to detect.
However, these recent advanced bots usually target the bigger fish such as G.

2. Volume is not much. It's probably best to bring over green pop offers for more traffic.
Though CTR is there but CR was not, based on these small tests.
However, as another person from STM pointed, the CR
may not be there depending on what you run.

Try it and may do well for you. Good additional traffic source, that is clean.

3. How to stop campaign? I think they have a bug or so. When you stop a campaign, it keeps
going. Now this has to do with outstanding notifications that hasn't yet been read.
So expect clicks and charges for clicks days on after stopping campaign.

I think they should refine the code such that when campaign is stopped, just
redirect to an expiration notice (ie: advertisers ad has expired....or offer unavailable).
I mean what if offer dies or offer server issues and you intentionally stop a campaign.
In such case, it keeps sending traffic and billing you. The "stop" button is more like
"please try to stop" button instead of STOP. :eek:

Maybe they should run stopped offers to smartlinks and monetize o_O

OVERALL: 8/10 - good option for additional traffic source (My2C)

Can i set blacklist and whitelist filter on Propeller Ads or MegaPush?
So in the PropellerAds you can set blacklist/whitelist with publishers.
In the Megapush you can switch off/on some feeds , which give you additional traffic. Megapush's base feed you cannot switch off.

I agree with you. The next step, Google will make the funnel unsubscribe very easy for the user.
So advertising creatives will be better. But I doubt that this traffic will disappear in near future.

Who could know :) were all living the Google, It might be a year it might be 10 it might be tomorrow. But, push is going to be here for a while and if it won't become an ad format that becomes a real problem for users, it shouldn't be a problem for Google.

There's a full blown report on Push Traffic Secrets. There's quality traffic out there that replaces over priced PPC traffic. Just test, test and then test some more.

I spoke with a friend with a tech blog. For many years, he relied on FaceBook traffic, but it gets only worse, because Facebook wants to keep users on facebook, and dont show external links to many people. He started with push notifications and now he has a great user base and returning visitors on each article.

Push notification traffic is definitely on the rise, not to mention Mobile traffic these days that is so good to monetize. Let us help you with our high quality push traffic ;)

What's on the menu:

• in house resources with the highest quality traffic;
  • minimum bid for CPC from $ 0.001 per click;
  • convenient notification builder;
  • lightning fast campaign approval.

banners
Back