“webinar”/ “mobile”/
  1. Null

Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Push notifications traffic

Discussion in 'Traffic Sources - General' started by mabraham, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mabraham

mabraham Affiliate affiliate

Hello guys,

who is working with pushes now? What's your experience? Do you like it?

Many ads networks move to pushes, I think it will change some types of ads very soon.

2. AffBank
  3. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

I talked with these people iZooto Business Plan for E-commerce Businesses: Drive Conversions and Sales
    However, this is for your own subscribed website member/signups or people that have allowed push notifications.
    Looks like a nice api and good segmentation and click tracking using the utm_ formats

I would sure like a straight answer how ad networks are using push notification with user browser permissions.

I think they may have just found a way to make a popup that evades browser blocking? I really don't know.

4. mabraham

I believe that there are a lot of people who click "Allow" carelessly. And they need to click it on one of the ad publishers. It is not so hard for them to acquire many permissions from the browsers or mobile devices.

5. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

^^^ that may be ...
    You meant to say the website that is publishing the ad for the media buyer (ad network)?

6. Certified
    RedTrack.io

RedTrack.io Member Certified Vendor Service Manager affiliate

So true! Push notification campaigns are really on a hype wave now.

Performance marketers and affiliates eagerly switch to this ad format. Still, a lot of questions arise. That's why our team decided to hold the joint webinar with PropellerAds, Traffic Source known for its exclusive native push notification ad formats.

So if you're interested in setting-up push campaigns and its optimization, we welcome you to join us on August 7 :) here is the link - Grow ROI with Push Campaigns: run & optimize

mabraham likes this.
  7. KwarkAds

KwarkAds Affiliate affiliate

I ran a few tests on Propeller Ads push testing different verticals.
    Offer tests budgets ranged from $10-$40 each.
    I was intrigued because it had ad format similar to native (ad image & text).
    My goals were just to see how it was and not necessarily build or bank ;)

Here are my observations based on experience

1. Traffic is clean of fraud bots. There are minuscule amount of regular web bots.
    However, the problematic fraud bots / click bots were not there.
    I use honeypot bot traps within all LP. Part of the redirect tests include:
    java, cookies, ip, ptr hostname, ua , httpd header, and a few other ip/subnet filters.

This actually catches many bots and helps in placement/widget/site filtering.
    The newer bots based on the latest headless chrome are a bit harder to detect.
    However, these recent advanced bots usually target the bigger fish such as G.

2. Volume is not much. It's probably best to bring over green pop offers for more traffic.
    Though CTR is there but CR was not, based on these small tests.
    However, as another person from STM pointed, the CR
    may not be there depending on what you run.

Try it and may do well for you. Good additional traffic source, that is clean.

3. How to stop campaign? I think they have a bug or so. When you stop a campaign, it keeps
    going. Now this has to do with outstanding notifications that hasn't yet been read.
    So expect clicks and charges for clicks days on after stopping campaign.

I think they should refine the code such that when campaign is stopped, just
    redirect to an expiration notice (ie: advertisers ad has expired....or offer unavailable).
    I mean what if offer dies or offer server issues and you intentionally stop a campaign.
    In such case, it keeps sending traffic and billing you. The "stop" button is more like
    "please try to stop" button instead of STOP. :eek:

Maybe they should run stopped offers to smartlinks and monetize o_O

OVERALL: 8/10 - good option for additional traffic source (My2C)

8. mabraham

What CR did you get?

9. Desi

Desi Affiliate affiliate

I also ran a campaign with Propeller Ads in the beginning of the year. Was very happy with my AM and the value of the customers we got. CR was about 6%. As another user pointed in this post, volume was not much but overall it was good campaign.

MI