The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Propensity and Affinity

Graybeard

Single-case probabilities are known as propensities or chances -- this explains, (or is one reason that explains), variances in CTR Rates and Conversion Rates for one item offered.

An Affinity is the liking or inclination toward something.

So, what is the chance your ad viewer is in a good mood, having a positive propensity and also has an affinity toward your offer?

Buyers are people not just numbers. That is why going by the numbers is not always profitable ;)

Product #1 Name brand can of corn
Product #2 Store brand can of corn

Grocery store #1 Higher income neighborhood
Grocery store #2 Middle income neighborhood
Grocery store #3 Lower income neighborhood

The Affinity for the name brand can of corn will be close to the same in all locations; but,
The Affinity for the store brand can of corn will vary by store; always,
The propensity for each can of corn purchased will vary by store.

from some old stats from 2014 I came across; indications of refers customer affinity. The equalization is an estimation of pages viewed before reaching the payment (transaction) part.
affinity-referrers.png

Single-case probabilities are known as propensities or chances -- this explains, (or is one reason that explains), variances in CTR Rates and Conversion Rates for one item offered.

So, what is the chance your ad viewer is in a good mood, having a positive propensity and also has an affinity toward your offer?

Buyers are people not just numbers affinity marketing examples. That is why going by the numbers is not always profitable ;)
Say you have separate websites for your blog/marketing site and different products. How do you make it feel as if they're related? Imagine if someone signed on your blog and they'll get emails from another brand name/domain, because your product is sitting on another URL. How do you establish to your audience (mailing list, social, etc) that it's one brand umbrella?

Imagine if someone signed on your blog and they'll get emails from another brand name/domain, because your product is sitting on another URL. How do you establish to your audience (mailing list, social, etc) that it's one brand umbrella?

Use sub-domains maybe --if you OWN the selling website.
Or, if you can: redirect the traffic to the selling website (302 server rewrite is best).

Buyers are people not just numbers. That is why going by the numbers is not always profitable ;)
Tell that to PTC sites. They need to hear this. :rofl . I experimented putting ads on PTC site to see how it works, because when I checked my competitors or I prefer to call similar sites sources of traffic, through similar web, it showed PTC sites, and when we tried that, lol, It was all numbers.

In addition, what I have observed to be the best source of converting traffic, is either search engine, or referral from friends. Referral from friends work the best.

MI
Back