The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Propellerads are 99% bots , Be Careful

james5453545

affiliate
Well I used propellerads recently for affiliate to and monitor their traffic.

I got 100k popunders in north America and got :

only 60k in google analytics
out of those 60k , only 400 real users !!! (you can verify in Demographics tab)
The rest was pure bots with location NOT SET

then I dug deeper and Saw that they sent 34k from Playstation Consoles and Nintendo
6k From smart TV and bla bla bla
They send you bot traffic that is set to click on 1% of the pages like ads and other links > in order to make you beleive that is real behavior.

I got multiple clicks on google adsense and they were removed 15 minutes later .

So conclusion DO NOT USE PROPELLER ADS , YOULL LOSE MONEY TIME AND MIGHT GET BANNED FROM PUBLISHING COMPANIES

RON is crap traffic --it's the cheapest however! You get what you pay for.

I have always segmented the browser and the browser version. The most current version as well as the immediately prior version.
Chrome, Edge + Windows 10+ have worked the best desktop. Same with os in mobile. Bid a bit more.

GEO segment according to your offer's requirements, languages and affinity.

North America is also the bottiest traffic as each pop or click pays more --the bots seem to go where the money is.

Pops are also very low grade traffic. 100K with no sales is not that surprising.

Don't use AdSense on the landing page --that shows that you have not used RTB/DSP ad network traffic (much?) in the past ...

Hello @james5453545
Thank you for sharing this info!

Can you please share (or DM) the email you used for your PropellerAds account? We need to check your account details first so we would be able to find out what happened

Hello @james5453545

Thank you for sharing your account details!

Data accuracy depends on the performance of the tracker itself, so make sure to use a reliable solution and make all provisions for its proper work. We see that you are tracking your traffic with Google analytics. For campaign tracking, we recommend using specialized trackers, such as Binom, Keitaro, etc. These trackers will show you more detailed information.

Here's why:
- Google Analytics tracks visits differently than trackers like Voluum or Binom. For GA to count the visit, first, the advertiser’s landing page needs to load fully, along with the GA code. If anything happens before the GA code loads, the visit won’t be registered.
- Trackers, on the other hand, use redirecting for tracking. That means when the user clicks the link, they get redirected to one of the tracker’s servers and then get to their destination page. This is when the impression/visit is registered.
- Like other Javascript trackers, Google Analytics can be blocked by privacy solutions.

Thus, it may lead to a discrepancy. Sometimes, the discrepancy can be blamed on the bot traffic, but that’s not the only reason why it can occur. In fact, a discrepancy of up to 20% is considered normal. Moreover, according to our recent experiment, the quality of PropellerAds’ traffic is above average compared to our competitors.

Moreover, PropellerAds got a strong anti-bot, anti-cheat system in place. In case you have any concerns - we are always ready to check your traffic. To do so, please contact our support team via support@propellerads.com and provide relevant info about your campaign from the tracker (please note, that logs from GA won’t suit). As we can see from your account, you've already contacted our support team and asked to filter out some data from your campaigns.

So you are always welcome to ask us for help.

Try redirecting some traffic through www.adscore.com as a bot filter and see how many get trapped. Less than perfect but small volumes are free.

Google-analytics uses a code on your HTML that is easily identified by privacy and ad-blocking browser addons --that is one reason why valid traffic is not recorded and counted.
Google-analytics uses a cookie also for the return traffic counts and other functions.
G-A assigns an random ID to the user's browser in that cookie. People block cookies and also delete cookies.

Another reason is that Google Headless and Selenium (WebDriver), originally designed to automate the gathering of website data by developers examining and trouble shooting their own website development, has subsequently been repurposed by click fraud artists and web scraping bots --these bots may be failing reCaptcha v3 , I am offering this in speculation as an explanation of the discrepancy. I don't see the G-A back end from Google's servers. But I have seen this sort of discrepancy in counts with many ad networks --they are basically the same quality when they are assigning site ID numbers or a character string then cloaking the referring websites identity. It's RTB traffic, and/or of questionable quality, as far as I am concerned --until proven otherwise with referring site domains provided and disclosed.

Bottom line 50% loss of counts at the Google-analytics interface is what I see with ad network traffic in general (not any specific network).

Another reason is the bounce that is always found with pop ups and unders like 98% or more. As was said; in order for G-A to count the visit the G-A script has to load.
hi Graybeard, please check DM

Try redirecting some traffic through www.adscore.com as a bot filter and see how many get trapped. Less than perfect but small volumes are free.

Google-analytics uses a code on your HTML that is easily identified by privacy and ad-blocking browser addons --that is one reason why valid traffic is not recorded and counted.
Google-analytics uses a cookie also for the return traffic counts and other functions.
G-A assigns an random ID to the user's browser in that cookie. People block cookies and also delete cookies.

Another reason is that Google Headless and Selenium (WebDriver), originally designed to automate the gathering of website data by developers examining and trouble shooting their own website development, has subsequently been repurposed by click fraud artists and web scraping bots --these bots may be failing reCaptcha v3 , I am offering this in speculation as an explanation of the discrepancy. I don't see the G-A back end from Google's servers. But I have seen this sort of discrepancy in counts with many ad networks --they are basically the same quality when they are assigning site ID numbers or a character string then cloaking the referring websites identity. It's RTB traffic, and/or of questionable quality, as far as I am concerned --until proven otherwise with referring site domains provided and disclosed.

Bottom line 50% loss of counts at the Google-analytics interface is what I see with ad network traffic in general (not any specific network).

Another reason is the bounce that is always found with pop ups and unders like 98% or more. As was said; in order for G-A to count the visit the G-A script has to load.

Have you optimized your campaign at all?!

then I dug deeper and Saw that they sent 34k from Playstation Consoles and Nintendo
They send you bot traffic that is set to click on 1% of the pages like ads and other links > in order to make you beleive that is real behavior.

I got multiple clicks on google adsense and they were removed 15 minutes later .

So conclusion DO NOT USE PROPELLER ADS , YOULL LOSE MONEY TIME AND MIGHT GET BANNED FROM PUBLISHING COMPANIES

I have had pretty much the same experience with Propeller Ads. I deposited $200 but got zero sign-ups on my single opt-in squeeze page, even though it got thousands of clicks. When I used the same ads on Facebook, I got on average a 30% sign-up rate. I asked Propeller Ads for my money back, but they said no. They blamed me for bidding too low and attracting low-quality traffic and recommended increasing my bid. Another big large red flag they don't allow small deposits, which makes me think they just want to collect big amounts upfront. My advice is to stay away from Propeller Ads. Stick with reliable platforms like Facebook Ads, bing ads, or AdWords to use your hard-earned money better.

I have had pretty much the same experience with Propeller Ads. I deposited $200 but got zero sign-ups on my single opt-in squeeze page, even though it got thousands of clicks. When I used the same ads on Facebook, I got on average a 30% sign-up rate. I asked Propeller Ads for my money back, but they said no. They blamed me for bidding too low and attracting low-quality traffic and recommended increasing my bid. Another big large red flag they don't allow small deposits, which makes me think they just want to collect big amounts upfront. My advice is to stay away from Propeller Ads. Stick with reliable platforms like Facebook Ads, bing ads, or AdWords to use your hard-earned money better.
$200 and zero sign-ups, bruh, that's your fault, it seems that you haven't set up your ads in a correct way)

I have had the same experience with Clickadilla about 1.5 year ago
I spent like $150, literally did not generate a single click on the page.... way too shady
I did not know propeler ads was shady too... thanks for letting us know

I try to spend my money where I get a valuable return. However, my intentions may not work out well for a lot of reasons,

If you drive 700 to 1000 net (funneled or filtered) referrals to an offer (or target) and their are no conversions:
  1. Your funnel sucks
  2. The traffic source sucks
  3. The offer sucks
Got to be one of those --you should see a cost effective conversion from that chunk --or move on.

Location not set is a Google problem. Near most IP addresses have a 'location' but it could be a location of just were the IP is assigned to the ISP or datacenter server. 'bots', and I use the term bot loosely, can be residential proxy ISP, data center IPs or running on real operating systems as part of a bot net --with the intent to defraud (or worse).

So, if you pay for 10,000 ads, and 100 (1%) are real users: there should still be .4 to 1.0 conversions, assuming all the other conditions are correct (and proper). So is there an ROI (ROAS, ROMI) or not?

$200 and zero sign-ups, bruh, that's your fault, it seems that you haven't set up your ads in a correct way)
You have zero idea how i set up my ads but you have a strong opinion. By looking at the smiley at the end it seems like it is kind of making you happy. It is certain that on this page not only reps of propeller ads but also others faking to be a forum user but in fact a propeller ads rep. I have shared my experience. Do what ever the funk you want to do your money who gives a funk seriously.

Hi

We faced a similar situation, but statistics were collected on our own server (i.e. we prepared API endpoint).
Statistics in GA and in our statistics +- the same
The request for statistics occurred when opening the landings

We also noticed that the page could be opened by the same user (or bot) within 30 seconds to 1 minute.

I am inclined to believe that the statistics in GA shows more truthful information through an affiliate in Voluum/Binom.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●────────────── @denys.zaiarnyi
10% to 30% of real users browsers; may be blocking the GA4, Facebook and other tracking codes on your pages --have you accounted for that in the equation?

The funnel I use in conjunction with GA4 is all server side.
  1. webserver access log entry,
  2. landing page entry,
  3. clicks out to;
    internal links
    and to outbound links
Ad network traffic has proven to be 10% to 40% low quality
If you do not sort to the newest browser versions (last 2) you will get a lot of crap.

So if your results are poor --much of the fault is your own IMHO.

I think that what you call bots are not really click bots --it is RTB fill traffic of low quality because you bid too low or do not segment the traffic correctly and strictly. The other problem is on the end of the offer (read seller of goods). The offers may not convert for many reasons and with no accounting from the sellers pages other than a conversion you are working rather blindly --the why part is elusive.

banners
Back