The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Promoting on forums

Thiflan

affiliate
I promoted products on some forums and later on, I got banned because it resulted as spam. Are there any forums that I can promote on without getting banned?
Please specify.

You have to have multiple offers so the posts doesn't look as spam. Alternating between them will work. I have a linklist with more than 100 forums that i use regularly and the only rules are "no virus", "no spam" (content must be related to the forum) and "no shorteners".

Note: Sometimes i get banned as each admin has the hammer to decide who stays and who goes.

All of the marketing forums out there vary. I can tell you that the more significant and successful a forum is, the more stringent the policies are for promoting. Here, in AffiliateFix, we had an onslaught of spammers, scammers, and undesirable marketers start registering a few years ago because they were getting kicked off and banned from other forums, including STM, CPA Elites, Digital Point, and many others. At the Warrior Forum, after Freelancer bought them out, the new CEO Moss Pauly started a big clean up there.

Our policies for promoting are simple. You must register your business first in the Resources area. Then you have to meet the qualifications to be approved, and finally you have to follow the guidelines and policies for promoting within the community.

This is all done to protect the integrity of the community and as importantly to protect our members to the best of our ability from undesirable and dishonest marketers, vendors, and businesses.

AffiliateFix was the first of the marketing forums to go all in on white hat marketing and we did this more than a decade ago. It has been a slow climb, but it has resulted in some magnificent results. Most new marketers now, and most that have been in the game a while, have turned to white hat practices.

If you have a viable business, product, platform, or product to market, and you have established the requisites most forums require now, you can find plenty of ways to promote it (or them) in most any forum.

Spammy crap is out, high quality business models are in!

Seeing as I have not upgraded yet on affiliatefix, my advice may seem a bit off but still I swear it to be accurate from my experience using forums (this and others).

As a general rule of thumb, don't use forums to market anything outside of your footer. Instead create content that educates people about a topic which allows you to point people to the links in your footer. When educating you don't want to educate about your product/service at all but rather about a general topic that can relate to your offers.

For example, my business revolves around cooperative marketing and advertising. So I can create posts where I explain what cooperative marketing is, I can explain how group advertising buys work, I can explain how to use free sites (like mailers, te's, forums, usenet groups, etc) to place content driven ads, I can explain how cooperative blogs work, I can explain how cooperative marketing works as freelance affiliate marketers, etc etc etc.

After generating an educational post that will help everyone, I can then say "if you want to experience how cooperative affiliate marketing works check the links in my signature".

Of course this isn't the ONLY way of marketing with forums, but its one of the more effective that rarely gets marked as being spam.

banners
Back