The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Problem setting up 7search + Click Magick + MaxBounty communication

contrastweb

Hey everyone,

So here's my current setup:

1) I setup my ClickMagick global postback URL in MaxBounty.

2) I selected an offer from MaxBounty, appended &s1=[clickid] to the offer URL.

3) I paste this new MaxBounty URL in ClickMagick to create a new tracking link.

4) I append ###KEYWORD### to my tracking URL in order to pass keyword data back to ClickMagick.

5) Tracking clicks works well. I'm also able to tell ClickMagick the conversion amount from MaxBounty.

Now I'd like to send conversion data back to 7search, so I know which keywords are performing. 7search generates a tracking pixel, which I believe I should be able to setup on MaxBounty's side without affecting my ClickMagick postback URL.

I opened a support ticket with ClickMagick, and they advised that I should ask MaxBounty if they have a way to add another tracking pixel (7search's) into their system.

I asked my MaxBounty AM, and: they do, however it would overwrite ClickMagick's postback URL -- so that wouldn't work. The AM recommended that I speak with ClickMagick

So now I'm a little confused as to what I should do -- it's turning into finger pointing game, which I'd like to avoid, hence I'm coming to communities for some help.

Any insights would be useful.

Thanks,

Michal

In theory, it's the tracking system that should fire the pixel to 7search and not the affiliate program.

Normally the tracking works like this:

7search sends clickid and keyword to the tracking system, which creates a unique id which is sent to maxbounty.
Conversion is sent from mb to tracking system with unique id and tracking system sends conversion to 7search with clickid.

The tracking system acts as a proxy so there isn't a link between your traffic source and the affiliate program.

Pm me if you need additional details.

MI
Back