The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Connecting Maxbounty with TikTok

JailHouse

Every post I have found on the net shows how to connect Maxbounty with a tracker and then to the traffic source.

But for now, I want to connect Maxbounty directly to the traffic source (TikTok) and I'd like advice as to what I need to input within the Postback/Pixel field within Maxbounty.

There are two choices when pasting that info in there (Pixel/iframe (HTML) tracking or URL Tracking).

Tiktok provides pixel code which I can easily paste into that space within Maxbounty but when I read the instructions, it says this:
HTML callbacks can ONLY be used when the campaign has iFrame tracking. HTML callbacks will NOT work with campaigns that have pixel or server-to-server tracking.

It says it won't work for pixel tracking.

I can't use a URL because Tiktok doesn't provide a URL which I can paste into that box.

Any suggestions as to what I can do so that all conversion data is passed back to Tiktok?

Appreciate the help,

JH

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 23.37.38.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 23.37.38.png
    53.8 KB · Views: 36
I would make a bridge page redirect and use the TikTok pixel on that page --use s2s tracking with Maxbounty.
Verify that Maxbounty is OK with this before you do it --if they are OK with redirect linking.

Do you have a server?
Put the TikTok pixel in the bridge page (or landing page) for that ad.
That page becomes your metric in the ad's click out.

TikTok Ad =>example.com/1.html (with the pixel) => redirect =>Maxbounty offer
Use a tracker on example.com/1.html and the s2s from the Maxbounty offer

I have set up a redirect page with .htaccess direct to the affiliate offer.

But how do I track which adset clicked the ad through to conversion if it all goes through the same redirect page?
I can only put one affiliate link in the redirect.

JH

lol, I have no idea about code or where to paste it or how to manipulate it for me.

Do you have any baby steps?

Appreciate the help,

JH

/var/log/apache2/access.log ls -lh /var/log/apache2/access.log -rw-r----- 1 root adm 0 Sep 29 2020 /var/log/apache2/access.log
use ssh:

$ grep ' 302 ' /var/log/apache2/access.log |grep '[adset ID]' |cat |less $ grep ' 302 ' /var/log/apache2/access.log |grep '[adset ID]' |cat |wc -l $ grep ' 302 ' /var/log/apache2/access.log | grep ' [date range]' |grep '[adset ID]' |cat |wc -l

You want to play .htaccess redirect games you will need to learn how to read your webserver logs and manipulate the results.

banners
Back