The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

PPC Traffic

Billblast

Broad question for those whose affiliate business depends on paid traffic; if you run a campaign and receive over 500 clicks with NO sales and only 2 order form impressions, would you stop the campaign and look for another product to promote?

Broad question for those whose affiliate business depends on paid traffic; if you run a campaign and receive over 500 clicks with NO sales and only 2 order form impressions, would you stop the campaign and look for another product to promote?
Instapause! I'll stop and try a free method to get the money I spent on that paid method back and then check my traffic sources and target settings as NicoleW recommended, then try again with that money I got from free method.

Hey @Billblast ! You don't need to stop the campaign nor to look for another product to promote!
If you’re getting clicks but not conversions, you’re missing a piece of the puzzle. You’re almost there, your funnel is just missing one or two pieces..
Here are some reasons :
> You don’t know enough about your audience or you're aquiring the wrong type of traffic
> There’s no enough detail about the product, and the interface is complex (The pich is really inmprtant, you ought to bottom-line why your product is the best for your audience)
> The offer isn’t compelling to convert
> Lack of testing
> You have no conversion funnel
> The web design needs an update
> You’re not nurturing your leads

And i wish you the best of luck :D

- Samira​

Instapause! I'll stop and try a free method to get the money I spent on that paid method back and then check my traffic sources and target settings as NicoleW recommended, then try again with that money I got from free method.
He should first define the problem!
If he tried again without having an idea about the piece of puzzle he's messing to get the conversion..
He'd probably stuck there .. 'clicks with no conversions'

- Samira

Something is definitely wrong.
PPC 'generally' refers to (what)?
If it's SEM or Facebook ads --the problem isn't the traffic probably --unless you are radically overselling in your ads.
If it's ad network traffic: You need to check every click you paid for to better define the 'quality' into your funnel.
If that's OK then the problem is in your end.
Your funnel or the offer itself.
Stop and investigate then fix if possible

Firstly I would check my traffic sources and targeting settings, maybe the problem is not in product

^^^THIS^^^

Test Computer GIF

First I want to thank you all for giving your thoughts to the question I posed.
Thanks for your reply, but I wouldn't know the first thing about getting free traffic...

Hey @Billblast ! You don't need to stop the campaign nor to look for another product to promote!
If you’re getting clicks but not conversions, you’re missing a piece of the puzzle. You’re almost there, your funnel is just missing one or two pieces..
Here are some reasons :
> You don’t know enough about your audience or you're aquiring the wrong type of traffic
> There’s no enough detail about the product, and the interface is complex (The pich is really inmprtant, you ought to bottom-line why your product is the best for your audience)
> The offer isn’t compelling to convert
> Lack of testing
> You have no conversion funnel
> The web design needs an update
> You’re not nurturing your leads

And i wish you the best of luck :D

- Samira​

I was using Microsoft ads to get traffic and I used the keyword planner to get the keywords. Once I started getting clicks I filtered out the keywords that people were searching to see if they jived with the offer. Those keywords that generated a click that didn't jive I added them as negative keywords.

The offer was one to lose belly fat which had a decent gravity on Clickbank, so people have gotten sales.

I sent the traffic to an opt-in page that would lead the subscriber to the VSL. Then I have an autoresponder set up with 7 emails, which I changed some of the wording.

So all in all I would know how to find that missing piece of the puzzle...thank you for your thoughts...

What is the traffic source?

Since you are running a PPC campaign and if you are recieving close to 500 clicks and there by getting zero Sales/conversions. There is no issue with your Ad copy, but you should work on optimising your landing page.
Check the Bounce rate on Landing Page and the Ad relevance score
Next one to look at is your targeting.
If your competitor is able to sell the same product through ppc ads, no doubt even you will be able to do it too.
Hope this helps. I follow kuware for Marketing related information.

I follow kuware for Marketing related information.

There is nothing to follow with them. They are an India based marketing agency that also sells training. Nothing to follow, just stuff to buy from them, services and products.

You're correct in that it's a broad qustion but 1 in 500 would generally be a very low conversion rate with any product. I try and work at 1% or higher, anything else I lose money.

Also I find Bing tends to convert much better than google , so that is another red flag.

Something isn't working properly, that's for sure, but before stoping the campaign you should try to find the reason behind this as there is the chance that something similar will repeat on some new campaign that you'll make, so it's useful to solve problems now. I would first check the traffic source to see if it's valid because from this statistic it looks like you receive traffic from some bots or fake sites. Then check your targeting and other campaign settings to see if you could adjust something, especially in the fields where you see that you lack results and the metrics have poor results.

I think, affiliate networks role is important to guide affiliates about traffic. A Affiliate Network without such experience is useless. You should consult your account manager and tease him/her on working traffic.

Hey @Billblast !

In most cases, you shouldn`t stop the campaign early, at least not before analysing its evolution first. Based on what you are advertising, give it a reasonable amount of time to be live and check the reports to see how it's going. In time, you can tweak it here and there to optimize it. Targeting, display settings, ad format, there are many things you can improve in time.

banners
Back