The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Popads and CPA

ddesigns

Hello,

I am new to CPA, have been into affiliate marketing since couple of years, mainly into Amazon affiliates. Now trying CPA offers as they look more lucrative and scale-able. I am trying mobile pin and sweepstakes offer with pop-under. I tried with budget of around 50 USD and targeting NON USA countries. What I have seen is my budget get exhausted in just few mins and there was no clicks on any of my pop-unders. By the way I was linking directly to Cpalead landing page.

Can someone guide why so and what should i do next.

Some popunder ads (up to 40%) I have found to be outright click-fraud.
You have to set up hourly scheduling (drip release) or clone micro campaigns $1 daily budget for a few selected hours if you are testing with small money.

I have proven my assumption that popunder ads are very low quality.
  1. One Network sent me TOTAL FRAUD Carrier Mobile popunder traffic the other night;
  2. (90%) with the referrer logged as "-" that means no referrer;
  3. no JavaScript enabled, forged user agents, the IPs were supposedly Tmobile, Sprint and a few others you can't block --
  4. total crap.

By *targeting NON USA countries.* <<< if you are buying Tier2 or Tier3 traffic; my comments only apply toward US,CA,UK (English Speaking) GEOs.

This is VERY SHADY -- no referrer or site ID. Congratulations! You screwed me out of a few dollars -- petty thieves.

Thanks Greybeard for quick insight. Can you recommend any guide or good traffic source that I can try. I am approved in cpalead and maxbounty network.

Pop-Unders SUCK!

Direct linking SUCKS!

Getting the picture here?

Look, virtually every offer these days needs to be pre-sold on a landing page. In addition, did you do any research on how the offer is being successfully promoted by others? Have you signed up for an intelligence platform to find the current successful landers, traffic sources, etc.?

RESEARCH and SUCCEED!

I am trying out some new ones (ad networks) soon. No pops; maybe native and a little push.
However, there are so many factors to be considered.
Bad traffic will not convert a good offer and great traffic will not convert a good offer ...
That is the conundrum we have to deal with as affiliates.

I could give you a 'safe answer like Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads ... etc. But will you offer's payout and conversion rate return a profit on that type media's ad cost?

Sounds like the payout is probably too small.

Thanks Graybeard and TJ Tutor for your insight, I'll try to do some more research and from your reply it looks that I should try something with native ads or some other network which provides quality and real traffic.

I was just looking at an (unnamed for now) ad network that sells; popunder, USA GEO @ $8.00/CPM. Maybe, they are REAL people and not FAKE CLICK BOTS and other trash.

I saw $8.00/CPM and the thought: WTF! Then got to thinking ... maybe there is something here. I can buy geo-fence mobile for this kind of money the average CTR is very high on this targeting.

Cheap popunders do suck because they are an illusion ;)

I may end up trying a small batch test of these. Just for the hell of it to access the attributes of this traffic.

Also, if the click-bots get to your Landing Page your stats are worthless ... Your LP CR (CTR) rate is a fake statistic. Hint: JavaScript tricks only catch 40% to 60% of the bots -- I have proof on my server logs --disgusting ...

MI
Back