The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Pop Traffic- 90% campaigns fail?

CPA Guy

affiliate
Hi, I recently(2-3 weeks) started running low payout offers with PopAds, but I hardly see any profitable campaigns.
Q1- How do things really work in CPA marketing? Even offers with specific carrier and Android only, also do not convert. I tried many offers with low payout(less than 0.50 cent), and I ran PopAds traffic till $1 spend and mostly I get 0 conversion. So then I stop traffic- if offer doesn't convert for 2X payout vs traffic spend, then I think offer would be mostly useless or too hard to profit.
Q2. Till now I haven't used Landing Pages, Banners etc, I am just Direct Linking. Isn't it possible to make $20-$100 per day without fiddling with Landing Pages, Trackers(Voluum etc.), Spy tools etc? After all, I wanted to make life simpler by earning through CPA marketing- not working 16 hour days and researching all these Techy things.
Q3. I have made positive ROI through some Smartlinks, but they are not very steady, things change there in 3-4 hours. So are the Smartlinks provided by some CPA networks useful? Or they are there just to make newbies fool?

Hi, I recently(2-3 weeks) started running low payout offers with PopAds, but I hardly see any profitable campaigns.

Are you new to marketing?
How many campaigns have you run?
What does your tracker tell you?
What angles, hooks, and triggers are you using?

Q1- How do things really work in CPA marketing?

Okay, so there is an expression that goes like this, "Starting From Zero". If you have to ask how things really work in CPA, then you are starting from zero with CPA. It simply means you don't have a clue and want to learn. That's great! Even the most experienced marketers start from zero when they enter a new area of marketing.

I am a seasoned marketer, but there are fields of marketing that I do not participate in. If I chose to add new specific fields of marketing, I would have to spend the time to "get a set of brains" on the subject. That's where you are at, in need of a set of brains on CPA marketing. This requires studying what successful CPA marketers do to succeed, use the tools they use, develop the skills they have, and then begin to implement your new knowledge to become a success with CPA. Learn to walk before you run.

Q2. Till now I haven't used Landing Pages, Banners etc, I am just Direct Linking. Isn't it possible to make $20-$100 per day without fiddling with Landing Pages, Trackers(Voluum etc.), Spy tools etc? After all, I wanted to make life simpler by earning through CPA marketing- not working 16 hour days and researching all these Techy things.

You are on a "fool's errand" if you think you will gain any sort of prominent success through direct linking. There are exceptions, but not with CPA. Proper ads, great copywriting, landing pages, learning to use angles, hooks, and triggers, have a good server, a tracker, and intelligence program, etc., are the tools of the business.

No need for 16 hour days. We have all done it, but it is not necessary as a Newbie. What happens to many of us is that we begin to see successes in our various endeavors and we get addicted to the opportunities to earn and we can't seem to walk away from the computer when we should because we get so wrapped up on getting things done.

I have scaled back to 10 and 12 hour days with my businesses and always take a minimum of one day off each week. Most successful marketers are actually working much shorter hours. Once you get past your learning curve, make the proper investments, and have developed your initial skill sets, you can develop a greatly successful CPA business and work no more than a few hours per day.

Using the word "fiddling" is deeply concerning and demonstrates a lack of enthusiasm. This is a business, treat as one!

As for "making life simpler", well, show me another business that does not require brick & mortar that you can enter with a small investment of a few thousand dollars and be earning $50k to $100k by the end of the first year when properly motivated and dedicated to the commitment of success. You won't find another!

Q3. I have made positive ROI through some Smartlinks, but they are not very steady, things change there in 3-4 hours. So are the Smartlinks provided by some CPA networks useful? Or they are there just to make newbies fool?

Smartlinks are useful and a benefit. It automatically recognizes where your traffic is coming from and shows each user the best performing offer. It automatically secures the maximum revenue for you.

It is not something I recommend to a Newbie, but you could make it work if you take the time to LEARN!

This is a business, with no ceiling to success, and it has no room for those that are cynical about it. To succeed one needs to recognize the great opportunity, be committed, make the proper investment, and NEVER GIVE UP!

A lot of pop ad traffic is total crap --sorry to say.
So, what you think you are seeing may be just bad traffic you have bought --and no matter what you do the net result will be unchanged --that's what I have found --but maybe I have bought 100 CPM of garbage pops? I can't be sure 100%

Try native or push and see if there are some conversions if you have confidence in that offer.
traffic till $1 spend and mostly I get 0 conversion
$1 that is nothing -- 1000? more (pops). Maybe it is for the better --you didn't waste too much money ... what only pays $0.50?

Bad traffic or bad offer? either way you need real budget to sort that out IMHO or some solid data ;)

A lot of pop ad traffic is total crap --sorry to say.
So, what you think you are seeing may be just bad traffic you have bought --and no matter what you do the net result will be unchanged --that's what I have found --but maybe I have bought 100 CPM of garbage pops? I can't be sure 100%

Try native or push and see if there are some conversions if you have confidence in that offer.

$1 that is nothing -- 1000? more (pops). Maybe it is for the better --you didn't waste too much money ... what only pays $0.50?

Bad traffic or bad offer? either way you need real budget to sort that out IMHO or some solid data ;)
Well, I won't say Pop traffic is totally crap. I get some successes here and there. And off course Pop traffic is working in some way for some people; thats why hundreds of people are buying Pop traffic every hour of the day.

In my knowledge pop traffic best works with eCommerce site. Once visitor visited the eCommerce site, next 24 hours is yours. In next 24 hours what they buy you will get commission.

I just got done with a Skype, ironically, with a guy that has a shopify store that said just the opposite o_O he claims all bots!
All traffic is not the same.

MI
Back