The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Pop Ads Masterization!

What I learned is that yes data is important when you are trying to make a accurate decisions but when you are short in budget I find this quiet impossible. You will burn through a lot before you make a accurate decisions.
What I do is, I get rid of anything that goes over the offer payout with zero conversions and low ctr.
I optimize through this order : offer, angle, landing page, device, I don't do much blacklisting unless it's eating up my budget too much but I keep the list for other campaigns too.

But whether I do them at the same time, would really depend on your data. If you feel like you have enough data and you could make multiple changes it's great but remember you want to keep the variables to the minimal to know which change made the increase in roi.

Try going the mass testing route. For example, when starting a new campaign instead of just taking the affiliate recommended offers, try to pick up 5-6 or even more offers (depending on your budget) to mass test.

If for instance you will be promoting an antivirus offer in Romania, here are the suggested steps:
-Browse adplexity or your favorite spying tool and rip 5 of the most seen landers in that geo for AV offers. This step is simply done because, there are several uncontrolled variables (lander being burnt) that can make a lander a winner or not.
-Pick 2-3 offers recommended by your affiliate manager from one or 2 networks.
-Spend 10x the average payout of the offers being tested. For example, if the offer payouts is $0.5, $1 and $1.5 you would spend $1 x 10 x number of landers, in this case 5. You will need then to decide, thanks to statistical significance (which should be above 90%) what is your winning lander. In case, two landers emerge, you have two choices, or you continue the test with the original offers or you add up the whole list of offers in order to make sure that you are cutting a lander based on statistical significance.
-Now that you have your winning lander(s), it is time to pick up your winning offers. Best method, I've found so far is to pick all offers in a single vertical.
For example, today, I've an email from ClickDealer, presenting a couple of new sweepstake offers for Germany. Here is the list. Payout for all these offers is 2.20 euros by the way, so it is low. I am not recommending or endorsing a particular network, this is just to give a concrete example of what you should be doing.
18869 [WEB+WAP] AEG Perfect Mix Smoothiemaker /DE
18870 [WEB+WAP] Amazon Fire TV Stick + Amazon Prime /DE
18868 [WEB+WAP] DeLonghi MagnificaS /DE
10811 [WEB+WAP] Win 250 € Amazon Gift Card /DE *NEW*
10812 [WEB+WAP] Win 250 € H&M Gift Card /DE *NEW*
10813 [WEB+WAP] Win 250 € Primark Gift Card /DE *NEW*
10814 [WEB+WAP] Win 250 € REWE Gift Card /DE
12049 [WEB+WAP] Win 250€ Media Markt Voucher /DE
18884 [WEB+WAP] Win a 250€ REWE Gift Card /DE
21527 [WEB+WAP] Win a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge /DE
21862 [WEB+WAP] Win a Samsung S7 edge /DE
18883 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone 6s /DE
20115 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone 6s /DE *EXCLUSIVE*
21434 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone 6s Grey /DE
21860 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone 7 /DE
20267 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone SE /DE
21433 [WEB+WAP] Win an iPhone SE Grey /DE
18449 [WEB+WAP] Win IPhone 6S /DE
18450 [WEB+WAP] Win IPhone 6S Blue /DE
18451 [WEB+WAP] Win IPhone 6S Pink /DE
18452 [WEB+WAP] Win Samsung S6 Edge /DE
10815 [WEB+WAP] Win Samsung TV + Netflix /DE *NEW*
9980 Win 250€ Amazon Gift Card /DE *NEW*18869 [WEB+WAP] AEG Perfect Mix Smoothiemaker /DE
9980 Win 250€ Amazon Gift Card /DE *NEW*

-Use the 5x rule for low payout offers (>$3-5 CPA) and the 2-3x rule for the high payout offers $5+ CPA to find out which
offers present the most potential, in a very short amount of time. There are maybe 40 offers in here and sure you will have to adapt your lander somehow (changing the prize basically). Basically, you will need a budget of about: 5x40x2.5, about $500 dollars. Yes, it is a lot of work, yes the numbers are not in the range of 10, 50 or even 100 dollars like a lot of people want to make you think, but I can guarantee you that using this method, you are getting much better odds to be running a couple of profitable camp in less than a week.

There are other items to it, like the bidding strategy, importance of a very (I mean VERY) fast server or CDN etc... But I can't really cover everything in a single answer.

P.S.: Currently, I am running a couple of xxx / day profit camps in tier 2-3 geos. Yes you can read my previous posts, I am just the newbie that used to ask a couple of stupid questions here. But changing your mentality and diving in as well as not being afraid of testing AS MUCH as you could is the key to success. I used to test 2-3 offers at once and then spend a large amount of time trying to optimize and cut myself to green using the most promising offer, which finally ended up being just an above average offer. Why? Because I didnt test enough offers, I neglected this part which is the most important part.

Your funnel is as good as your weakest link. And if it is the offer then you will be losing much more than what you spend to buy data for a couple of offers. Plus using this strategy, you have better chances of uncovering the golden targets for that particular country (in this case germany) that you could use in the future to launch even more offers.

One last point, if you want to avoid losing money, try to launch all your camps between 5PM and Midnight local time of that country. This is usually the time when most of conversions occur. At least, some of the conversions. You can focus on buying data for the whole day / (week even) at a later stage.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Try going the mass testing route. For example, when starting a new campaign instead of just taking the affiliate recommended offers, try to pick up 5-6 or even more offers (depending on your budget) to mass test.

If for instance you will be promoting an antivirus offer in Romania, here are the suggested steps:
-Browse adplexity or your favorite spying tool and rip 5 of the most seen landers in that geo for AV offers. This step is simply done because, there are several uncontrolled variables (lander being burnt) that can make a lander a winner or not.
-Pick 2-3 offers recommended by your affiliate manager from one or 2 networks.
-Spend 10x the average payout of the offers being tested. For example, if the offer payouts is $0.5, $1 and $1.5 you would spend $1 x 10 x number of landers, in this case 5. You will need then to decide, thanks to statistical significance (which should be above 90%) what is your winning lander. In case, two landers emerge, you have two choices, or you continue the test with the original offers or you add up the whole list of offers in order to make sure that you are cutting a lander based on statistical significance.
-Now that you have your winning lander(s), it is time to pick up your winning offers. Best method, I've found so far is to pick all offers in a single vertical.
For example, today, I've an email from ClickDealer, presenting a couple of new sweepstake offers for Germany. Here is the list. Payout for all these offers is 2.20 euros by the way, so it is low. I am not recommending or endorsing a particular network, this is just to give a concrete example of what you should be doing.
18869 [WEB+WAP] AEG Perfect Mix Smoothiemaker /DE
18885 [WEB+WAP] Win a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge /DE
12048 [WEB+WAP] Win iPhone 6 /DE
12014 [WEB+WAP] Win Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge /DE
9980 Win 250€ Amazon Gift Card /DE *NEW*18869 [WEB+WAP] AEG Perfect Mix Smoothiemaker /DE
18885 [WEB+WAP] Win a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge /DE
12048 [WEB+WAP] Win iPhone 6 /DE
12014 [WEB+WAP] Win Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge /DE
9980 Win 250€ Amazon Gift Card /DE *NEW*

-Use the 5x rule for low payout offers (>$3-5 CPA) and the 2-3x rule for the high payout offers $5+ CPA to find out which
offers present the most potential, in a very short amount of time. There are maybe 40 offers in here and sure you will have to adapt your lander somehow (changing the prize basically). Basically, you will need a budget of about: 5x40x2.5, about $500 dollars. Yes, it is a lot of work, yes the numbers are not in the range of 10, 50 or even 100 dollars like a lot of people want to make you think, but I can guarantee you that using this method, you are getting much better odds to be running a couple of profitable camp in less than a week.

There are other items to it, like the bidding strategy, importance of a very (I mean VERY) fast server or CDN etc... But I can't really cover everything in a single answer.

P.S.: Currently, I am running a couple of xxx / day profit camps in tier 2-3 geos. Yes you can read my previous posts, I am just the newbie that used to ask a couple of stupid questions here. But changing your mentality and diving in as well as not being afraid of testing AS MUCH as you could is the key to success. I used to test 2-3 offers at once and then spend a large amount of time trying to optimize and cut myself to green using the most promising offer, which finally ended up being just an above average offer. Why? Because I didnt test enough offers, I neglected this part which is the most important part.

Your funnel is as good as your weakest link. And if it is the offer then you will be losing much more than what you spend to buy data for a couple of offers. Plus using this strategy, you have better chances of uncovering the golden targets for that particular country (in this case germany) that you could use in the future to launch even more offers.

One last point, if you want to avoid losing money, try to launch all your camps between 5PM and Midnight local time of that country. This is usually the time when most of conversions occur. At least, some of the conversions. You can focus on buying data for the whole day / (week even) at a later stage.

Hope that helps.

Okay to make it short Testing ALOT Of offers Like Practically all the offers on the network.
This is quiet interesting.
Currently i added 10 new offers and I thought I was doing too much offer testing. But it's nothing comparing to you! LOL
You take it to the extreme. I'll try this. But I first need to make landing pages to match the prizes lol.

Don't forge the first part where you test a couple of landers to uncover the best lander for the GEO/vertical.

I like to take 5 of the most seen landers in that particular geo (for example FB style, Quizz style etc..) and test them against proven offers first.

This first step is mandatory otherwise you could be using an average or worse, a non-converting landers which would require a lot more spendings to uncover the best offers.

Lastly, start with low payout offers, drive your way to a stable XX per day, preferably something around $50 per day, then you can start scaling your current positive campaigns into other traffic sources.

If you can share your results of lander testing, I could give you my opinion too.

If you have any comments etc... I would be more than happy to hear them. I am a newbie too.

Hope that helps.

Don't forge the first part where you test a couple of landers to uncover the best lander for the GEO/vertical.

I like to take 5 of the most seen landers in that particular geo (for example FB style, Quizz style etc..) and test them against proven offers first.

This first step is mandatory otherwise you could be using an average or worse, a non-converting landers which would require a lot more spendings to uncover the best offers.

Lastly, start with low payout offers, drive your way to a stable XX per day, preferably something around $50 per day, then you can start scaling your current positive campaigns into other traffic sources.

If you can share your results of lander testing, I could give you my opinion too.

If you have any comments etc... I would be more than happy to hear them. I am a newbie too.

Hope that helps.
I have noted everything down.
I will post them up as soon as I run the campaign keep on eye out for it :) or I'll just pm you.
what I notice is landing pages with good ctr doing low cr do you find that offer is the problem or the lander burnt out?

I have noted everything down.
I will post them up as soon as I run the campaign keep on eye out for it :) or I'll just pm you.
what I notice is landing pages with good ctr doing low cr do you find that offer is the problem or the lander burnt out?

I always think with CR rather than CTR, in some tier 3 countries, I have CTR of 20%+ and in countries such as finland it can go down to as little as 1% but still doing conversions and making profit. At the stage where I am now, I don't really focus on lander CTR. At least not in the first phase.

This is why, it is very important to test your landers in the first step in order to only keep the one with the highest CR, hence profits.

Okay I see,
when I do bidding on popups. I like to do at least top 10 and work my way up testing ranking and the traffic amount and see which gives the highest roi. In your experience is this a good bidding stratagy

Usually, I try to bid a little above average and adjust bid in order to get a decent amount of traffic.

Once I find an offer that is promising, I like to setup 2 bid levels or more and run different campaigns at different bid levels in order to find the one with the highest ROI OR with the highest overall profit. I don't care much about ROI than I care about how much I will be bringing home.

What's hard about bidding is that it change so often it's hard to find the pattern and balancing between ranking and traffic. But I see do similar.

When do you start optimize the campaign? like optimizing carrier, browser etc?

Would take very long to explain. But the goal of mass testing is to find the most profitable segments before diving into the optimisation process, ie best Lander/Offer combo.

Optimization starts after you pick your most promising offer(s) usually.

EDIT: If the offer is a pin submit offer, you need to check what carriers it accepts first, of course, in order to setup your campaign accordingly. For SOI offers, running RON is the way to go.

Last edited:
I see, Thank you so much for explaining the broad idea.
what spy product do you recommend?
Do you also use popads? or other popup networks?

Here is a list of Pop Traffic sources, that I compiled lately. To help you with your scaling efforts.

Poptraffic sources

• PopCash.net
  • PopMyAds.com
  • EZMob.com
  • Reporo.com
  • Clickadu.com
  • WigetMedia.com
  • revenueHits.com
  • PlugRush.com
  • GreenPointAds.com
  • MediaHub.com
  • TrafficFactory.biz
  • Popunder.net
  • eDomz.com
  • Selfadvertiser.com
  • TrafficHunt.com
  • TrafficForce.com
  • AdWorld.com
  • Gunggo
  • MobiCow
  • Adventurefeeds
  • Adf.ly
  • DNTX
  • Adsupply
  • Adnium
  • Cosmik
  • TrafficJunky
  • Adult AdWorld
  • Adamoads
  • JuicyAds
  • AdXPansion
  • Ero Advertising
  • Popversting
  • Hilltopads
  • WWWPromoter
  • PropellerAds
  • Adcash

P.S.: Some are adult pop traffic sources.

You really should do your own journey these are awesome information! I didn't know there was so much popup traffic, I knew like only 15 traffic source or bit more.

I should get to work now, a lot of landing pages to edit before I could run LOL.

It is just great seeing you people post aboutv the masterization of the pop ads. I came a cross a member in the forum who had the pop ad traffic and did not know what to do with it. I hope he can get on this post and get to see the motivation that awaits him. Personally I will also be making a followup on the same for knowledge reasons.

Sorry for the absence, a lot of things went on and a lot of work had to be done but I am back on focused.
There was a bit of bid war going on for a few days in popads, I steped out of it, and waited for it to die down. (no one makes money on bid wars other than the network) Anyways Few of the campaign got back and had a strong start.
Update

Campagin Antivirus
Visit : 712
Clicks : 96
Conversions : 2
CTR : 13.48%
Spent : 10.99
Made : 7.00
ROI : - 36.3%
CR did about 4.4%

It's such a bummer that it ended in negative roi, it was so close to at least breaking even, :/ is it just too much to ask for one more conversion? Lol.

Optimization
Testing More Offers (like currently 25 offers thanks to the advice from @medvih )
Got Rid of budget eating webids

Sorry for the absence, a lot of things went on and a lot of work had to be done but I am back on focused.
There was a bit of bid war going on for a few days in popads, I steped out of it, and waited for it to die down. (no one makes money on bid wars other than the network) Anyways Few of the campaign got back and had a strong start.
Update

Campagin Antivirus
Visit : 712
Clicks : 96
Conversions : 2
CTR : 13.48%
Spent : 10.99
Made : 7.00
ROI : - 36.3%
CR did about 4.4%

It's such a bummer that it ended in negative roi, it was so close to at least breaking even, :/ is it just too much to ask for one more conversion? Lol.

Optimization
Testing More Offers (like currently 25 offers thanks to the advice from @medvih )
Got Rid of budget eating webids

Great ! Make sure you post your tracker data when you start testing those 25 offers. Also, did you pick 2-3 geos to cast a wide enough net? Are you using a proven lander?

Great ! Make sure you post your tracker data when you start testing those 25 offers. Also, did you pick 2-3 geos to cast a wide enough net? Are you using a proven lander?

I have manually spied for my lander and have been optimizing it
I have done the calculations and I can seem to test only 2 geos on tire 2 country.
I am using adsbrige to do all the postback tracking the conversion tracking so it's all good.
added few more offers to test against the winner offer.

So close to breaking even loss by one conversion arg, again.... I am collecting data so I guess it's okay.
traffic : 605
Click : 94
Conversion : 2
Earned $7
Spend $10.19
ROI : -31%

Traffic drop near the end of my 24 hours data collection as competitors took my ranking, had to bid higher, probably this will drop my roi but I am still in testing the offers so it's good for now. Will keep another look out in next few hours make sure I don't lose my ranking (placement)

Giving bit of change on the lp to increase ctr, I need more clicks!

Quick question is this a blacklist or not enough data?
Visit 622 click 117 Conversion 1 CTR18.81% EPV 0.0056 EPC 0.0299 COST 8.3898 EARNING 3.5000 ROI -58.28%
It did X2 of my offer cost but I am not sure if its a blacklist or not.

Visit 718
Clicks 99
Conversion 0
Spend $12.49
ROI -100%

Still testing 25 offers lol.

Since its popads so I would say, little higher than average (depending on your payout). You cant pay 0.08 or 0.09 for a 0.60 payout offer. Check as many bids as you can to check your position and amount of traffic in the summary before saving it. Sometimes increasing the bid by 0.0001 can put you ahead of one advertiser which is always good. For high competitive countries you don't need to be in top 10 but for low competitive countries you can be in top 10.For app install, i generally go with top 5 or so but for pin submit i generally go with top 7 quality sites because for pin submit offers you need higher quality traffic to convert.

Note :- For my popads campaigns i maintain a sheet with all my bids and time i change them and i change them regularly. It has been a good practice for me which has given some good results. Someday higher bid gave better results and sometime lower bid gave me good results. So there is no point in sticking to one bid. You have to play it along with other advertisers as they are changing and playing with bids every time.

Hey @internalsoul when you say top 7 websites is these websites that gave at least 1 conversions?

banners
Back