The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Please educate me on Push Notifications

bruce bates

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Payday
So I have been doing a bit of reading up on browser push notification and have seen some claims that push notification are as much as 60% more responsive than email marketing. It makes some logical sense seeing as one WILL see a message in a browser whereas with email they actually have to open the email, hoping the message doesn't end up in spam thus the user potentially not seeing it at all.

My main question is really... when you use a browser push notification what happens with users that do not have their browser open at the time of the push? Do they simply not get the notification or is it sent to them when they open their browser or does it work differently based on the coding and/or program one uses to send out the notifications or what?

Desktop and mobile are different

For the reason the mobile browser (usually chrome browser is on in the background a lot) and that apps can do a lot of things when they 'appear' closed.
Desktop --that browser (application) needs to be running however a tab for that domain may not be open.
This is just based on my own user observations.

I am more interested how people do make money with them, they are always android, almost always chrome and can be targeted by country or ip range and moreover than that anyway. Do you really can make it with them? Some networks state about the lot of money.

I probably should have been more clear. I am referring specifically to browser notifications and they work on chrome, firefox, and safari - though I have never seen code for IE or Edge. They are browser based so platform independent.

Also I am not referring to push networks, I am referring to website based push notifications. For example one goes to a news network these days and a popup appears in their browsers "do you want to receive notifications from this site".

Effectively I am trying to find out these are better to use than trying to get people to subscribe to a mailing list.

My remark was directed at @Aurilsa really.
I don't have any hard data on browser notifications --if you find some let me know:p
I would set up my own test (somehow).
Raws, Opt-in rates, volume (click counts CR) would be my metrics.

i have had VERY small luck with push. I got 2 conversions on propellerads (was actually in big profit) that i think was just luck spent about 200 bucks... NO conversions on ZeroPark out of 200bucks.. I am all over the damn place. It is so damn EASY to get distracted as a marketer. I Find that targeting is very difficult on push traffic. I do think display is good because if you have a targeted creative, most of the time people wont click it unless they are truly interested... If i see a push notification on my phone or browser i immediatly search for the offending app and delete it! However the clicks are cheap AF.. I am a rookie so dont put too much weight on what ive said.

banners
Back