The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Please Clarify What Is "Incentive Traffic"

Incentive means that if a user successfully completes an offer that's accepted by the advertiser, he/she is rewarded with something. Depending on what site the offer is on, the person could receive cash, points, or virtual currency. Or, if they want access to an ebook, for example, they might have to complete an offer to unlock the content to be able to download it. The ebook would be the reward. The person who is running the offer and who gets paid by the advertiser gives the reward.

Incentive means that if a user successfully completes an offer that's accepted by the advertiser, he/she is rewarded with something. Depending on what site the offer is on, the person could receive cash, points, or virtual currency. Or, if they want access to an ebook, for example, they might have to complete an offer to unlock the content to be able to download it. The ebook would be the reward. The person who is running the offer and who gets paid by the advertiser gives the reward.
I think this is the most effective explanation of intensive marketing. So they actually give some FREE stuff to the visitors.

Yes, there are game sites where you have to 'buy' things in order to progress in the game. You can earn virtual currency to purchase those items by completing offers.

There are other sites called GPT sites that people can join for free. Once they become a member, offers are available for them to complete. If the advertiser pays for the lead, the owner of the GPT site gets paid and passes along a portion to the user who completed the offer. The member usually receives either cash or points, depending on what the offer allows. This is all done automatically.

I think an example make you the clear concept about incentive means. Suppose you have a good ebook about the chicken recipe and you ask a user to fill up a form or give their email to download this ebook. The ebook will completely free and provided by you.

I think this is the most effective explanation of intensive marketing. So they actually give some FREE stuff to the visitors.

Hi there! Simply put it this way, incentive/affiliate offers usually reward users in a form of digital points/currency, discount coupons, access to in-game items, and access/dowload of premium contents. These rewards are given every time a user chooses to participate in a particular offer. They are rewarded for the time rendered to keep them engaged in your website or app since reward is an effective form of motivation...:)

This is a win-win marketing strategy since you, your user, and the affiliate marketer earns something. I for myself have been using this offerwall which provides certain incentive offers to my clients. I have it integrated in my website and app for quite some time now and the results have been satisfying so far...:D

Hope this helps!:)

Incentive traffic, just as the name suggest is the mechanism or technique where you will reward soeone for being able to complete a certain offer. Have you ever comes across the ads that say you will win a smartphone when you complete this offer, that is an example of incentive marketing. So in this field, the person who helps out in getting the traffic will have some percentage share on the profit that is generated. It is always a good technique to use and works very well.

Would this kind of traffic-to-offer path require for the CPA offer to allow incentive traffic? Untill now I've received 2 opposite answers and I'm confused... Here's the deal (I've attached the visual also):

1. Traffic allowed by the publisher
comes to my opt-in page

2. Opt-in page: At the time of subscribing on the opt-in page the prospect is not even aware that CPA offer is waiting for him/her on the TY page. Prospects are opting in since they want the free report. On the opt-in page there would be absolutely no mention of the CPA offer that will appear on the Thank you page or any conditioning. They are only conditioned to give their email so they could get my free report.

3. Thank you page: The CPA offer on the TY page is a sort off a surprise, an extra that heightens the value for the prospect. The prospect is in no way required to click the link or to complete the offer on the Tank You page. It's at his/her will to do it or not, they are not getting or loosing anything regardless of what they decide to do with the CPA offer.

4. The CPA offer: on a TY page would be introduced something as following: "Thank you for subscribing, your free report on [XYZ] is on it's way to your mailbox. While you are waiting check if this could be of interest to you [link to the CPA offer related to the vertical].

Is this allowed to do with non-incentive offers since the original traffic I'm pushing to the offer on a TY page is publisher allowed traffic and I'm not conditioning the prospect to complete the offer in any way? Thank you!

Attachments

• Allowed traffic q - Case B S.jpg
    Allowed traffic q - Case B S.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 126
So Swagbucks is a perfect example of an incentive traffic? Am I getting it? I have used MyLikes before, is it an incentive traffic too?

Yes, there are game sites where you have to 'buy' things in order to progress in the game. You can earn virtual currency to purchase those items by completing offers.

There are other sites called GPT sites that people can join for free. Once they become a member, offers are available for them to complete. If the advertiser pays for the lead, the owner of the GPT site gets paid and passes along a portion to the user who completed the offer. The member usually receives either cash or points, depending on what the offer allows. This is all done automatically.

Hi I'm working with an affiliate network and they offer a lot of incent traffic.
I'm going to do content locker for a specific niche and also I want to know if this next kind of incentive route will be fine.

I was browsing around and could not find any good info until I got here and signed up so I can ask my question.
With this idea I'm going to be running I don't want to get kicked out of the network ( since I have some funds accumulated with the network) so I need to k ow of it is a valid way still.
I'm not creating a GPT site but will later as I see that things are going ok.

Ok so my next idea using incent is this: I want to reward someone with cash but a percentage I get if they successfully complete the offer and I get paid, would you say there is nothing wrong with this?

Hi,
I am new in affiliate marketing. I am promoting some CPA offers. I don't understand what is incentive traffic or incentive marketing. Has anybody here who can explain it in the easy way.

It is traffic that is given when people have a reason to go to your site, other then reading the regular contents.
For example, if I had showed a link to a gardening website, yet named the link "My gardening site has a free giveaway! $500 for anyone who clicks!", people would click the link wanting $500, not because they wanted to learn about. So things like contests, referal schemes etc cause incentive traffic -- traffic that goes to a site not because of its regular content, but because of an incentive.

banners
Back