“Adavice”/  “1Win

$30 a t-shirt with free shipping?

• Total voters

CoolSpot

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
JATS Affiliate Program
Hey guys,

So I have been playing with facebook ad's pushing views through to some products I have listed on etsy.
Just gonna do a quick overview of what i have done so far.

Set up first campaign, loose targeting on the niche to get enough information to refine the ad further, ran the ad for 4 days (4x the profit on the item i'm selling).
adrun1.png

I did basic tracking through a goo.gl short link, both gool.gl and etsy reported a much higher click rate than facebook. (facebook shows as above 68 clicks, but the other two showed 582, big difference and as of yet I have not been able to work out what caused it. As my second campaign the clicks matched all the way through.

From the data on the 68 clicks I then targeted the age/states that were preforming the best (the rest of the data was to sparce to narrow further at this point), I also looked into the people that had interacted with the post and found that they all had a very specific thing in common, so I targeted that heavily in the second and re ran the campaign.

adrun2.png

I ran the second campaign until 2x profit on the item, (£10, i also managed to drop my cpc thanks to the re targeting) and can now narrow the data down further for the 3rd.

From the 2 campaigns I didn't have a single conversion, I did however have a few likes on the page and someone sign up for a new etsy account and favorite an item.

So i have a few questions for those with more knowledge in this area than myself, and any help is welcomed.

1)Do you think I should have kept the ad's running longer (for a full week for example) to get a better range of data even though the campaign was not showing any conversions?

2) Would you go again for round 3? or look into another kind of promotion. (currently doing clicks to website)

3) Do you guys find that you get a better return from the ad's or bosting posts? (the page is still quite new, and other than the invites that were accepted from my friends list i thin it has had page likes, so I want to also grow this.

As a side note, I am also running promoted ads through etsy, (.35c a click so figured why not) and I am not seeing conversions through these either. This leads me to believe that the issue may be with my product descriptions (images I am guessing are good as they are causing the clicks)

This leads me on to another question, does anyone know someone that writes great product descriptions?

Due to my cost of manufacturing being fairly high, my prices now are $30 a tshirt with free shipping in the USA, and $5 worldwide shipping (after paying the fee's manufacturing for the t-shirt and shipping I make around a $8 profit). So one of the options I see is to lower the price, make say a $2.50 profit and then try and increase through volume.

I am currently building out a dedicated shop and will move away from etsy, there are a lot of issues with the platform, again on the new site the t-shirts are priced at $30 (these are t-shirts I designed so are all exclusive to me)

So I guess another question would be, what do you guys think of the $30 price point? I know with the right marketing price is close to irrelevant, but just looking to get the sales kick started to enable me to launch higher end brands (need to raise the capital for artwork as I cannot do the level of art that I want for those, and also learning the ins and outs of marketing and targeting before throwing out the bigger stuff so to speak).

**EDIT**

Should also mention that when the new site is up and running I am going to be applying to have it up on share-a-sale, so the higher price would mean I can pay a better commission per sale. Still not 100% sure on the details of how share a sale works, but I will keep you guys posted and let you know more when I have applied.

Last edited:
1)Do you think I should have kept the ad's running longer (for a full week for example) to get a better range of data even though the campaign was not showing any conversions?

I have read that running an ad for a week, 24 hours a day will get you lots of good data. Assuming, of course, that you get enough traffic.

2) Would you go again for round 3? or look into another kind of promotion. (currently doing clicks to website)

Have you done any split-testing as yet? On your design, or copy, for example?

) Do you guys find that you get a better return from the ad's or bosting posts?

I haven't done these, so can't comment. Hopefully, someone who has will pop in here.

I did basic tracking through a goo.gl short link, both gool.gl and etsy reported a much higher click rate than facebook. (facebook shows as above 68 clicks, but the other two showed 582, big difference and as of yet I have not been able to work out what caused it. As my second campaign the clicks matched all the way through.

I would suggest that you use a reliable tracker. At the very least, use Google Analytics, which will give you demographics, times, geos, etc., as well as the referrer. Then you'll know where all those extra clicks came from if it happens again.

Re the $30 price point with free shipping, that sounds fine to me. If shipping were much extra, I wouldn't order it. That being said, make sure the tee is very good.

Comprehensive tracking is essential for campaigns. Tracking offers user information even after the user leaves the site, among other necesarry infoformation. Google is fine for small traffic, and good for general stats. Tracking alows in depth data on banners, URLs, target traffic, shows real-time reports, handles financial metrics, and enables traffic optimization. Adsbridge even offers auto-optimization, which google simply does not. The information that google provides, in addition to tracking, is the optimal solution. Using them together provides a wider scope of user information.
Wish you luck!! :)
-Zach

I have read that running an ad for a week, 24 hours a day will get you lots of good data. Assuming, of course, that you get enough traffic.

Have you done any split-testing as yet? On your design, or copy, for example?

I haven't done these, so can't comment. Hopefully, someone who has will pop in here.

I would suggest that you use a reliable tracker. At the very least, use Google Analytics, which will give you demographics, times, geos, etc., as well as the referrer. Then you'll know where all those extra clicks came from if it happens again.

Re the $30 price point with free shipping, that sounds fine to me. If shipping were much extra, I wouldn't order it. That being said, make sure the tee is very good.

the google short urls provide analytics data now, it's not as comprehensive as say volumm or ads bridge but it tells you the refers, each placement I use a new url for, logged in a spread sheet helps keep track of which url is from which origin, I do plan on setting my tracking up with ads bridge again, just gotta remember which email I used to make my account, as the ability to rotate landing pages and offers is going to be useful in the testing and also means I dont have to spend time writing this functionality into a script and hosting it on my server.

I am currently split testing the copy against the refined market (with the broader audience it was costing me over $1 a click, so needed to get that lowerd first.)

I after the split tests on the copy, then I will look at split testing the graphics and after that, landing page / no landing page.

One of the interesting things I noticed on my ads was that I didnt receive a higher click through on ads giving a discount code, it surprised me because who dosnt love discounts.

The initial ad runs were essentially to determine the size of the audience I could reach and see the engagement, essentially testing to ensure it's viable before I sink too much time into making designs for a market that has no want for them.

I am happy enough with the data that I got that I can push it a little harder, the dedicated site is almost finished then it's time to do more split testing on platforms.

Thanks @adsbridge I was trying to think of the name of you guys when I was setting up the campaign to set up my tracking but it had completely slipped my mind.

I after the split tests on the copy, then I will look at split testing the graphics and after that, landing page / no landing page.

Excellent to test only one element at a time! It's the only way to know.

One of the interesting things I noticed on my ads was that I didnt receive a higher click through on ads giving a discount code, it surprised me because who dosnt love discounts.

When I read that, I wondered if the product/service is of interest to your audience. You're right, if they wanted what you're advertising, they'd love a discount, I think! Are your ads really clear as to what you're offering? Your testing may turn up some really interesting results.

I've noticed myself that ads/banners that I think are awesome and beautiful, or enticingly written, sometimes fall flat. I don't understand it but that's just how it is. All we can do is say, "Huh!" and move on to what the masses want. :) And I know you have a nose for these things, so I have every confidence that you'll figure out what makes your audience tick...and click. :D

The initial ad runs were essentially to determine the size of the audience I could reach and see the engagement, essentially testing to ensure it's viable before I sink too much time into making designs for a market that has no want for them.

Excellent and practical idea!

Thanks @adsbridge I was trying to think of the name of you guys when I was setting up the campaign to set up my tracking but it had completely slipped my mind.

They will take good care of you. :)

did you had a spy look on facebook image search , to check other's ads which got more engagement like comments , likes and reactions ? you can do through putting you ***search term+free shipping on fb-search//com and choose Photos option *** or write it in Facebook search like this *** Photo posts about "tshirt Free Shipping" *** , that maybe extremely helpful to understand customer's behavior so you can take decisions in Ad Copies and Tee designs that work , you may also take a look on your competitor's strategy and pricing , trust me that helped me a lot :), i hope that helps you , let me know :)

did you had a spy look on facebook image search , to check other's ads which got more engagement like comments , likes and reactions ? you can do through putting you ***search term+free shipping on fb-search//com and choose Photos option *** or write it in Facebook search like this *** Photo posts about "tshirt Free Shipping" *** , that maybe extremely helpful to understand customer's behavior so you can take decisions in Ad Copies and Tee designs that work , you may also take a look on your competitor's strategy and pricing , trust me that helped me a lot :), i hope that helps you , let me know :)

I did not know you could do that, thanks for the tip, I will look into it :D

banners
Back