The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Platform for email list size?

ScottyK

affiliate
Does anyone know of a tool or platform that would be similar to SimilarWeb or Alexa, but is for email lists? I buy a lot of third party email and I'm looking for something that may show lists broken out by number of subscribers, or broken out by category.

Thanks.

You mean instead of sorted by domains, sorted by list provider and/or that providers lists --no, but that would make an interesting api. Sort of like a one-stop mailing list locator ...

I think this may be *herding cats*
You would need the cooperation of the mailing list vendors to provide some api (SaaS) with that data --if I am understanding what you are looking for.

If you mean your lists line count
that's easy
put the list on a server or a Linux box
$wc -l <list name>
returns
2305 listName

word count -lines= wc -l (literally)
how this may work in windoze PowerShell: how to count number of rows in csv file?

Last edited:
Thanks for both replies.

ZeroBounce wouldn't do what I'm looking for, but separately I am going to look at this because we're getting a lot of emails going to spam, so this could help with internal emails we send.

Yeah I think Graybeard kind of getting what I'm trying to do, but maybe it's not possible. So a hypothetical example. We have a lead gen offer and we buy some email traffic for it. Say we buy email traffic from Newsmax and Townhall and they both do well. So I'm trying to see what other political lists to target. So if there were a platform that had email lists sorted by category along with their list size, that would be amazing. Maybe it doesn't exist, sounds like it doesn't. But a place to get ideas on which lists to reach out to about buying.

MI
Back