• Philippines

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Indonesia

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Singapore

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thailand

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ASEAN? forget it man, ASEAN not for noobs!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

UncleScrooge

affiliate
Hi!
New to the affiliate marketing, but definitely not new to marketing (both offline and digital) in general. So, shouldnt look too green and lame)))

Wanted to start with ASEAN traffic and offers.
Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia were among the top for me. Lived some time in Malaysia, also visited Indonesia, so saw the people, know a bit their mentality. Also CPC looks good.

Heard a lot uncertain things abt Philippines. Plenty of traffic from click farms, etc.

Any recommendations for these countries?
  1. What country (from the listed) is best for newbie to choose? I plan to translate creatives to local language.
  2. What niches are looking good there? (credits&banks? ecommerce? other?)
  3. any recommendations abt CPA networks that have many offers covering the region?
  4. Any recommendations regarding local traffic channels? I planned to use FB, but what abt local ad networks?
Thanks!

Hey!

I wouldn't recommend working with Thailand and India, at least in the beginning. There is a lot of traffic - true, but it's competitive, as really a lot of media buyers work in that segment, so you might get troubles in those bid wars.

I believe deciding on the country to work with also depends on vertical. Choosing Asia is already a good start, especially if you know the region. I think you can try running Mobile content offers there, Sweepstakes, and we have some for Philippines that might get you interested! I ll send you in pm ;)

So far, the insights that i privately received are mainly "man, ASEAN is a zone with low profits. Better stick with zone with a higher profits". *Sigh* Looks like better leave Philippines for sunbathing)))

So far, the insights that i privately received are mainly "man, ASEAN is a zone with low profits. Better stick with zone with a higher profits". *Sigh* Looks like better leave Philippines for sunbathing)))

Depending on what do they mean with "higher-profits-countries". Be careful with high-payouts! This is one of mistakes of media buy beginners, be very careful with it! Ask yourself, why some countries have higher payout per lead than others?

Because traffic there is more expensive, and it is harder to convert. Have you ever wondered what are the average CR for France and for example, your favorite, Philippines? Imagine, if in France 1 out of 500 users subscribes, in Asian countries it can be 1 out of 30! Huge difference, taking into account the costs.

You can consider also countries of Latin America, Africa, and speak with support team/Account manager to get the best segments. But please, don't go for Switzerland or UK because you will see a high payout there :D

Depending on what do they mean with "higher-profits-countries". Be careful with high-payouts! This is one of mistakes of media buy beginners, be very careful with it! Ask yourself, why some countries have higher payout per lead than others?

Because traffic there is more expensive, and it is harder to convert. Have you ever wondered what are the average CR for France and for example, your favorite, Philippines? Imagine, if in France 1 out of 500 users subscribes, in Asian countries it can be 1 out of 30! Huge difference, taking into account the costs.

You can consider also countries of Latin America, Africa, and speak with support team/Account manager to get the best segments. But please, don't go for Switzerland or UK because you will see a high payout there :D
add cpi offers

Philippines convert great at the moment with mainstream mobile subscription offers: music and other content downloads, for example. I believe you can try work with it as a newbie, as well as with Indonesia, which shows really good results with WapEmpire smartlink, especially if you pick gaming offers for it.
As Mobidea mentioned, Africa can be a good option too, e.g., Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya.

What offer type you may recommend? Sweepstakes? App installs?

Probably @peter5487 means App Installs, which we have right now in a CPI Smartlink! The algorithm decided which offer to show to the user (according to his GEO, carrier, OS) and shows the one with highest revenue per 100 clicks!

But coming back to your topic - I still recommend Sweeps and Mobile Content, as @Daria_WapEmpire agreed :)

If you decide to go in with mobile subscriptions, Philippines is a nice one to start with! I agree with MobIdea and WapEmpire.. as a beginner it's smart to start with countries with lower payouts and cheaper traffic, because you'll generate faster data and you are able to learn from your 'mistakes' for a lower price. I will also recommend you not to focus on 1 GEO, but to test 2 or 3 other GEO's at the same time. After you've generated enough date you can skip the bad GEO's, optimize the potential ones and invest in the good targets! If you are looking for nice converting mobile subscription offers in regions like Africa or Asia, I can help you out for sure. Traffic Company is doing really well over there!

MI
Back