Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Optimisation and tracking tokens?

blackdown

affiliate
Hi guys.

I am doing mobile CPA Pops

I got a few questions:

- When optimising / split-testing do you guys create various campaigns for the same offer targeting OS, devices, Carriers and so on?
Like this:
1. same offer, same, GEO, same OS, same Carriers, (everything the same) but device: iphone 6
2. same offer, same, GEO, same OS, same Carriers, (everything the same) but device: iphone 7
3. same offer, same, GEO, same OS, same Carriers, (everything the same) but device: iphone 8
4. etc.
5. etc.

And when you find the best convertion device, move on to optimise / split test something else with same approach.

- How do tracking tokens work?
If I am using Voluum tracker, and put my landers, offers, ads an so on in my tracker, does it track everything "by it self"? Or do I need to put in different tokens in my campaign URL (device, OS, carriers, clickid, siteId etc.) to even track something? Like if I want to see which devices I need to split test and cut, do I need to put in &s1={device}?

Stuff like OS, carrier, and GEO will be tracked by default by Voluum. The stuff you do need to add in is for your traffic source (placement/site ID, etc [whatever they have available for tokens).

You can segment your data within voluum. So for your 1 - 5 you'd just need to view the devices report to see what's working for you.

If you need to pass stuff to your affiliate network then you're going to need to add them to your offer URL within voluum.

hey @blackdown and welcome.

please you will find the answers to your questions in my CPA tutorial from here.

let us know if you have any questions after watching it.

tracking is easy, everything will be done by the tracker it self, you don't need to create campaign for each component.

banners
Back