The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Not Enough Data v/s Not Enough Spend. How To Proceed?

Hello captain 47

I might be running into the same kind of problems as yours

I'm probably running the same offer as yours,batter saver,google play,same 4.6 rating,and huge user base already,payout is as low as 0.3

But I'm even worse than you,I've spent 150$ and got back 30 with 90 leads,I've seen all of the replies and what is the advice ?I am really tired of of sticking with the traffic source(traffic quality dropped in one day with no reason.) ,is this the time I should be looking for new traffic source with the same offer ,or should I change them both?

Many people still earn from it with the lower payout ,do you have any clue that how they can managed to do that to make it possible ,1 conversion out of 30 clicks ?Is there any chance the cpc for them is lower than 0.01 or is cpc pattern is not suitable for such lower payout offer?

Hello captain 47

I might be running into the same kind of problems as yours

I'm probably running the same offer as yours,batter saver,google play,same 4.6 rating,and huge user base already,payout is as low as 0.3

But I'm even worse than you,I've spent 150$ and got back 30 with 90 leads,I've seen all of the replies and what is the advice ?I am really tired of of sticking with the traffic source(traffic quality dropped in one day with no reason.) ,is this the time I should be looking for new traffic source with the same offer ,or should I change them both?

Many people still earn from it with the lower payout ,do you have any clue that how they can managed to do that to make it possible ,1 conversion out of 30 clicks ?Is there any chance the cpc for them is lower than 0.01 or is cpc pattern is not suitable for such lower payout offer?

Hey there,

I used to wonder how anyone can earn with such low payouts. And I was pretty convinced that you cant make them profitable. But they are such low payout for a reason. They convert easily.

The problem that you face is that, the offer and your traffic source doesn't match. That's a big thing.

Remember that super affiliates still make money from such low payout offers too. But you need to figure out what works.

Since you have 90 leads, you have some data to optimize. Did you try narrowing down to what placements and what carriers and what phones convert? Create a new campaign and use only the placements and phones and carriers that are converting successfully.

Grind on.

Hey there,

I used to wonder how anyone can earn with such low payouts. And I was pretty convinced that you cant make them profitable. But they are such low payout for a reason. They convert easily.

The problem that you face is that, the offer and your traffic source doesn't match. That's a big thing.

Remember that super affiliates still make money from such low payout offers too. But you need to figure out what works.

Since you have 90 leads, you have some data to optimize. Did you try narrowing down to what placements and what carriers and what phones convert? Create a new campaign and use only the placements and phones and carriers that are converting successfully.

Grind on.
Thank you for your reply,

I've actually checked the conversion details and thing is I couldn't figure out which one performed better over the rest,because they are performed equally bad,from ISP to phone model,and I actually blocked the pub IDs that didn't convert at all,but the majority of my clicks came from pub IDs which only sent 9,10,or 11 clicks and it is too early to tell if they have potential or not.

Take phone model param for example,

Every phone model(or brand) has negative ROI ,they are all under -80%,ISP the same thing,PUB IDs the same,I could not find a single dimension which has some items that have positive ROI .

Categorized by brand
Samsung -80%
Lenovo -70%
... -80%

By model
galaxy XXX -80%
galaxyYYY -70%

ISP
a -95%
b -96%

etc.

Only has one dimension which is PUB id,and only one PUB id,that converts well for me,but no traffic anymore in the next day.

Is that worth putting some more money to keep on building blacklist?Or is this like what you said is resulted from the offer doesn't match the traffic source?

Really depressed...

Thank you for your reply,

I've actually checked the conversion details and thing is I couldn't figure out which one performed better over the rest,because they are performed equally bad,from ISP to phone model,and I actually blocked the pub IDs that didn't convert at all,but the majority of my clicks came from pub IDs which only sent 9,10,or 11 clicks and it is too early to tell if they have potential or not.

Take phone model param for example,

Every phone model(or brand) has negative ROI ,they are all under -80%,ISP the same thing,PUB IDs the same,I could not find a single dimension which has some items that have positive ROI .

Categorized by brand
Samsung -80%
Lenovo -70%
... -80%

By model
galaxy XXX -80%
galaxyYYY -70%

ISP
a -95%
b -96%

etc.

Only has one dimension which is PUB id,and only one PUB id,that converts well for me,but no traffic anymore in the next day.

Is that worth putting some more money to keep on building blacklist?Or this like what you said is resulted from the offer doesn't match the traffic source?

Really depressed...

Don't be depressed. (easier said than done, I know, been there, still get there often, its hard to watch hard earned money burn, but its part of the game. Think of it as paying for Affiliate college).

One thing I think about such low payout app installs is that, the people who know how it works have already figured it out. These offers have been around for over 2 years. They didnt start off as low payout offers, and the ones who figured it out have everything they need to keep it going.

If you do not have any data now, you should switch offers. That's what I would do. You can come back to this a while later when you have more experience and have more money to spend.

Don't be depressed. (easier said than done, I know, been there, still get there often, its hard to watch hard earned money burn, but its part of the game. Think of it as paying for Affiliate college).

One thing I think about such low payout app installs is that, the people who know how it works have already figured it out. These offers have been around for over 2 years. They didnt start off as low payout offers, and the ones who figured it out have everything they need to keep it going.

If you do not have any data now, you should switch offers. That's what I would do. You can come back to this a while later when you have more experience and have more money to spend.
Thank you ,I will burn off all the available balance in this traffic source and start bidding from 3x the recommended bid to see if premium traffic will come and monitor the results,however,it's time to start looking for higher payout offer and have try on that.

Are you using Decisive by any chance? Why not test another offer with that money? As far as I have known and I could be wrong, premium traffic is a myth.

0.75 to 2$ is a sweet spot where you have enough volume and the returns add up easily.

Are you using Decisive by any chance? Why not test another offer with that money? As far as I have known and I could be wrong, premium traffic is a myth.

0.75 to 2$ is a sweet spot where you have enough volume and the returns add up easily.

No I'm using startapp,and my balance is not enough to create a new campaign as their minimum daily budget is 25 so I'll try bid more and see the conversion rate.

MI
Back