NLP - Neuro-Linguistic Programming - Do You Use It

Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Around 30 years ago NLP took root at the hands of NLP Co-Founder Dr. Richard Bandler. It took the world in a few new directions and impacted everyone from the barista to the baron. Everyday laypersons to leaders of the free world in governments and corporations could, and do, put these NLP elements to work and get results.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Neuro-linguistic programming
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Natural language processing (also NLP)
NLP
MeSH D020557
Topics[hide]
Neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) is an approach to communication, personal development, and psychotherapy created by Richard Bandler and John Grinder inCalifornia, United States in the 1970s. Its creators claim a connection between the neurological processes ("neuro"), language ("linguistic") and behavioral patterns learned through experience ("programming") and that these can be changed to achieve specific goals in life.[1][2]

Bandler and Grinder claim that NLP methodology can "model" the skills of exceptional people, then those skills can be acquired by anyone.[3][4][5][6][7] Bandler and Grinder also claim that NLP can treat problems such as phobias, depression, habit disorder, psychosomatic illnesses, myopia,[8] allergy, common cold,[9] and learning disorders, often in a single session.[10][11][12][13] NLP has been adopted by some hypnotherapists and in seminars marketed to business and to government.[14][15]

The balance of scientific evidence reveals NLP to be a largely discredited pseudoscience.[16] Scientific reviews show it contains numerous factual errors,[14][17] and fails to produce the results asserted by Bandler & Grinder.[18][19]

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

In this I ask you, "have you, or do you, use NLP in your copy, such as in headlines, landers, pitches, ads, etc?

If you do, tell us how.

If you don't, what would you like to know about it?

Last edited:
I think nlp is geared towards person to person communication. NLP puts a lot of emphasis on body language, vocal tonality and other tools like "pacing" or "mirroring" the other person. It's hard to convey these tools through writing.

Ive read a few books on it including bandlers "using your brain for a change."

I don't know if the written word is an effective medium for nlp.

No, I don't and haven't but I remember reading that Dr. Joe Vitali uses it. Think he was trying to sell a course on hypnotizing people via the written word or something like that. :)

Yeah, copy wasn't what it was built around, it's an area it expanded to. There have been a number of copywriters who have used it and taught it in a form for what most of them call "on page copy". It's for everything from ads to conversion pages, journalism and reporting, even novelists and authors. I haven't tried to put it my copy, but I brought it up because someone I do business with said that my writing style often demonstrated NLP characteristics. I wondered if it was simply the result of having read extensively on it many years ago.

The original version, model one, was upgraded in the nineties and continues to spread and grow in it's scope. The newer version is called NLP Model 2 I think, or something to that effect.

I've read from Joe Vitale, John Carlton, Dan Kennedy, Joe Sugarman, Mark Joyner, Yanik Silver, and host of others on the NLP conversion to on page copy. It's been a few years since I've read them, I'm going to revisit it and see if it has merit and if my friend is correct.

MI
Back