The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbies - Follow your Passion - Money will Follow!

How about if you have a passion for learning the different ways of reaching people? Ad that with a passion for your product or service.

Love your work so that you wouldn't feel it boring and useless. if you have passion for your work you have a bigger chances to succeed. Thanks. Great post.

great advice, both professionally and personally..... follow your passion and rewards will follow, even if these rewards are not monetary..... they will follow :)

Affiliate marketing is hard enough with a topic I'm knowledgeable and have interest in. I couldn't imagine how tediouse and boring it would be if you don't know or have a passion to learn about your niche. God only gave you so much attention to span.

Good post Linda....there is a good book out there on this topic...I believe it's called "Do What you Love & The Money Will Follow" but I forget the author.

"If what you do with the best hours of your day is not also the thing you?re passionate about, stop right now!"

This phrase got me thinking and made me remember my real passion, thanks linda, this is a good post.

Starting out small is such good advice clickbankrockstar. The thing is, that was NOT what I wanted to hear when I started affiliate marketing. I wanted fast results and lots o cash. It doesn't help that I also fell prey to all the hype of supposed 'guru's' who promised exactly that.
This post is a wake up call. Thank you :)

I really like this post and now I can truly see the light I am so proud
i found this forum i am going to apply this to my life from now on and thanks for opening my eyes

Hi Linda: you probably heard hundreds of statements on how great your article is, and they are right. But one thing is saying and the other is actually living it...I took a step into the unkown when one day I decided to quit my job in telemarketing selling what have you...and start this new challenge over the internet, I must tell you that I am a family man I have one wonderfull 9 year old kid and a loving wife...who frowned and eyebrow when I told her about my decision, but supported it anyways! That was last year, today I manage an affiliation program with a specific niche and now I am exploring other ideas...To get back to the original point is, what is the meaning of passion? For me is more a feeling than an idea, is that burning sensacion in your gut (chi some may call it) that you are enjoying what you do, you see is not just a job or work, I do what I like to do and when you do something that you like, you will be succesful, the money will come and I certainly do enjoy it! but the money is the means and not the goal. Motivation comes from within, once you find that thing that you love to do and do it well, you will make mistakes of course we all do in order to learn, then things will happen naturally.
So am I living the dream? You bet! Is it easy? NO, but it is certainly rewarding! Am I going to become a millionaire? I?ll tell you this, I own my own house, everything is paid off, going twice a year for two weeks vacation, having excellent health my family and myself. Every day I ask myself the same question when I get up in the morning: Is it today a good day to start?

Is it?

Herbs

very encouraging message Linda, but what if your passion has passed you by? My passion is sports to be more specific playing basketball. I was pretty good too. At 52 I know the dream of the NBA is just that a dream one that makes me feel good but I know can never become a reality. My AHA moments are not AHA but me looking at my 2 boys and thinking WOW I LOVE THEM!! My family drives me like a huge hurricane larger than Katrina. I have been told before to do what you have a passion for when looking for a niche. But for me there is something stronger than passion that reaches down to the depths of my soul. And that is the love I have for my family and providing for them is what I feel is what I have to do. Not reluctantly or with any regret. But with joy and enthusiasm. So what is my niche? I don't know yet. I wish I could find one for love.

Hi Herbs and main,

Very nice posts, both of you and you are very welcome!

main, have you tried the exercise in the niche marketing forum yet about ow to find your 1st niche or used any of the tools there?

Also you may be thinking too logically. You may be too old to ever PLAY in the NBA for example, but you could still have an NBA fan site, forum or sell licensed NBA gear. Not saying that's necessarily a good market as without doing keyword research we don't know and my guess is it may be a little too competitive for a newbie's 1st site. Just saying you don't need to DO something to be passionate about it - just need to enjoy it, know something about it or be excited to learn about it and it must be a niche that you are able to monetize. (If you want to do it for money, not just as a hobby.)

Can you monetize love??? Can you monetize love of family???

You could do a blog about parenting for example and promote books about parenting and also toys or baby gear. (Just an example of how you can tie a passion into an affiliate marketing site.)

Hi Guys,

I don't want to sound like "Debbi Downer" (i.e. SNL) but years ago I use to believe the whole follow your passion thing.

Must confess that I don't subscribe to it much anymore.

You can be passionate but if you are doing the wrong things your fire will quickly burn out. I use to jump from program to program but that is just a waste of money and time.

The money part is not so bad, but you can NEVER get back the time.

Working smart has come to mean more to me now than the whole 'follow your passion' thing. Everyone wants the latest, newest, thing. But the honest truth is that you must commit to an action plan (doing a little each day) and stay on target.

All of that jumping around will burn up your life. You can look around and before you know it 5, 10, 15 years or MORE has zoomed by. Steady progress towards a goal with a clear daily plan in mind works for me.

Thanks for 'listening'

Jack Richardson (aka "JumpNJack)

this is the truth. many people think that online work equals easy money. there are people out there who are only thinking about a quick buck or two. they don't care who they hurt and they don't care how their scams will affect others.

is this their passion? probably...

this is a well written article and it speaks true whether you want to work online or not...

thanks for sharing.

wow

They say that everything happen's for a reason. There's a reason I joined this forum not 10 min ago,it was to read that post,I know it. I am a newbie to the whole affiliate thing,just jumped in with both feet first 2 weeks ago,havent made a dime yet but,the PASSION i get when doing this can't be described by anything else I have ever done. I wake up 2/3 hrs early & goto bed 2/3 hrs later because I WANT to.
I'm a lil nervious to see where it goes (can I survive,support myself that kind of thing) BUT,I am much more passionate now then I ever was when I had my "decent paying job" so,for me pinching the penny's is worth it. You can't buy what I'm feeling anyways so..........

Very good posts here. I absolutely agree. If you don't have the passion or drive for something then you will not be as motivated to put in the work necessary to be successful. This is why in affiliate marketing it is very important to choose niches that you are knowledgeable or very passionate about. If you have passion for something then what you are doing won't feel like work and you will enjoy it. In anything in life passion is important and unfortunately too many of us spend our lives just existing and doing what we do simply because we have to pay the bills. It's time for us to live our dreams and do what we truly want to do. Be fearless and LIVE YOUR PASSION and success will follow.

banners
Back