The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie Question..

Vorkosigan

affiliate
Hello All,

This is my second day in this forum and I'm full with questions :)

So, I have an idea for creating a web site focused on a video game and I expect to be very popular. In addition I will create a program connected with this site and a mobile app also.
I have a plan (ok is still in progress) and a budget.

My question is what will be the best way to generate income from all this - website, PC program and mobile app.

Thanks in advance,
Vorkosigan

I always suggest building the site and getting your traffic before adding any type of money maker, if you focus on generating income from the start it takes focus off of building a quality site with quality content.

As for ways to monetize the site:
Sell the game off of your site
Create a guide for the game that you sell (or give away for free in exchange for an email address)

what will the program and app consist of?
this will help us help you come up with more ideas

Hope that helps some though

My question is what will be the best way to generate income from all this - website, PC program and mobile app.

@AffiliatePartner gave you some great advice.

What you are doing is tying together three separate entities.

If I understand you correctly, you are building your own game for a PC that can also be played on mobile. Is this correct?

Thanks for the replies guys,
Sorry for missing details :
The website will be for in game currency exchange, later will be added option for baying/ selling items (the game is MMORPG) and is missing good system for currency exchange. All the exchanges and sells will be only for in game currency, not for real money (is forbidden from the developers).
Most of the futures of the site will be free but one part (for in game clans additional options) will be paid (some small fee)
The mobile app will be for the same .
The PC program will we the next step, for creating online shops for selling items or currency (low priority).
So my plan is:

- Create the website only with currency exchange
- Promote it
- Create the mobile app (free with ads)
- Promote it
- All the the sell/bay items part to the website.
- Promote it (this will be challenge because there is already website for this but is achievable)
- Create the program (low priority)
- Promote it (also there is program for this but not very handy)

Will not be easy way but is something with great potential (game is played from really a lot of people)
Current status is - finishing the web site structure plan (want to be easy and effective)
Next step - hire a professional web developer for building the site.
Budget:
up to 1000 $ for the site
for mobile app not sure what are the prices for developing but I guess around 300$
Creating the PC program depend how will go with the web site.

That's my plan for this idea, still digging in the information here to start with the online marketing.
Still filling lost - I'm engineer and this is a very different kind of work :):)

Best Regards,
Vorkosigan

The website will be for in game currency exchange, later will be added option for baying/ selling items (the game is MMORPG) and is missing good system for currency exchange

This is a great idea for a site, you will definitely be able to drive traffic to it.
A great way to get free content for the site without having to write may be to add a forum to it. You can find forum platforms for free or low price online.

It seems like you already have a pretty good plan of action in place.

It will be cool to see your progress as you build and grow your site, app, program.

MI
Back