The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Newbie needs Help

richkid

affiliate
Hey guys I want to know if this is the right way to start? I am a totally newbie at this and just starting out, so should I start with blogging first ?

I struggled with this as well. I think blogging is useful, but try to get some static links in there as well for the items you'd like to promote.

But with blogger you don't own the site, you don't make all the rules, they could pull all your hard work if they decide to change the rules and most importantly you are driving traffic to someone else's site.

Blogger is good and could have a place in your marketing strategy, for instance maybe for testing a niche you aren't sure you want to devote a new site to. But still having your own blog is preferable I think.

Hey Linda, so well atleast blogger can be used to test a niche though right? because purchasing a word press blog domain on a niche that might not work will not be really good I think. Isn't it ?

Hey Richkid,

Linda has made two good points which I will add to...

1. Wordpress blog on your own domain

Buying a domain name is very cheap, search google, note the prices are not the same.

You will have full control over your site, which I think is more important a bit later down the line when you have a few sites up making you cash.

2. You don't own the blogger site

Starting with a blogger is good firstly, its free and as you stated, you can test out a keyword phrase/niche.

Blogger is more powerful to google than wordpress is therefore if you had two identical sites, the blogger one would rank higher.

I recommend that you do some research on link wheels also.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Rob

Hey Linda, so well atleast blogger can be used to test a niche though right? because purchasing a word press blog domain on a niche that might not work will not be really good I think. Isn't it ?

Well, if you do get a domain and your own hosting, and then it fails, it's not like you're out a lot of money. With a domain being less than $10 per year and hosting usually between $5 and $10 a month, it's pretty much within just about anybody's reach financially. Besides, if your first niche doesn't work, just try another one. It sort of depends on how serious you are about affiliate marketing.

Added bonus to trying and failing... You own another site to draw links from.

Getting indexed is rather simple and painless once you learn the tricks, and having a blog or site that the spiders already frequent does nothing but help you get found AND ranked down the line.

Just buy the domain, give it a shot, and if it doesn't work and if you don't want to mess with it anymore to move on then sell the site. Even with little to no traffic a domain with some aging and that has been indexed will have some value, likely more than the $11 you paid for it if you don't give up super early. Of course that doesn't count the hosting, but that gets used on your other site(s) as well so not a loss.

If i'm not mistaken, people like Donald Trump have gone (or come close to being) bankrupt before making tons of money.

I'm not saying you should empty your bank account or take out a huge loan, but sometimes you have to spend some money to make some money.

Good luck to you!

I agree with all the comments above.

The other thing with hosting, is you can get an affordable plan that allows more than one domain, so if the 1st does not work you just lose 7.95 for the domain name and just set up a new site on the same host.

If you are just going to make a half hearted attempt to test the waters and don't plan on making much effort, then go ahead with blogger.

However if you do thorough keyword research, are pretty sure you'd picked a good niche and put all the right effort in, you will probably do fine with the 1st niche on your own domain and will be glad you picked the right solution that will grow with you long term.

I agree with all the comments above.

The other thing with hosting, is you can get an affordable plan that allows more than one domain, so if the 1st does not work you just lose 7.95 for the domain name and just set up a new site on the same host.

If you are just going to make a half hearted attempt to test the waters and don't plan on making much effort, then go ahead with blogger.

However if you do thorough keyword research, are pretty sure you'd picked a good niche and put all the right effort in, you will probably do fine with the 1st niche on your own domain and will be glad you picked the right solution that will grow with you long term.

Ok i understand with all of you are trying to say . What I meant to say is if I figure out that a niche is working on blogger then I can stop writing in blog and start a wordpress blog... would that not work?

Maybe… but all the initial work you put in was largely wasted and once you switch everything to your own site, you are then totally starting over from scratch.

Instead you could have been building up all that content and driving all that traffic
to your own blog the entire time.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Quite a few of you mentioned about running multiple sites. I got my first site up recently and am waiting for Google to index it properly. I think I have everything set up properly, and now just need to add some content to my blog every once in a while. Is it safe to move onto another site, or should I wait to see if I get results from my first?

Adammo, getting a site up and indexed is just the very 1st step. You need to work on adding content AND building up traffic THEN making sales on a regular basis before you even think about a 2nd site. Note: you may not even make your 1st sale until after you get 1,000 visitors or more. (Possibly, just depends.)

On the 1st site, some things you probably still need to work on are: a link building campaign, more keyword research for additional blog posts related to your niche, SEO, possibly an article writing campaign, possibly posting in niche related blogs and forums.

However, I personally recommend just staying focused on one site and not even adding another, if you picked a good enough niche to begin with.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Quite a few of you mentioned about running multiple sites. I got my first site up recently and am waiting for Google to index it properly. I think I have everything set up properly, and now just need to add some content to my blog every once in a while. Is it safe to move onto another site, or should I wait to see if I get results from my first?

Hey Guys, someone mentioned here earlier that it is a good way to enter an online business is to start working for someone . I am not sure who to work for when it comes to online business, would you someone please expand more on this.

Maybe? but all the initial work you put in was largely wasted and once you switch everything to your own site, you are then totally starting over from scratch.

Instead you could have been building up all that content and driving all that traffic
to your own blog the entire time.

But Linda didn't you mention earlier in this thread that blogger can be used to test a niche and see if I want to devote a site to it?

Hey everyone just need opinion of the experts . Being a newbie that I am in this internet business and trying to decide on my first niche , just wondering that is there a need to purchase any sort of product such as Market Samurai or Keyword elite for my research or some free tools such as google keyword tool is good enough for me?

Hey everyone just need opinion of the experts . Being a newbie that I am in this internet business and trying to decide on my first niche , just wondering that is there a need to purchase any sort of product such as Market Samurai or Keyword elite for my research or some free tools such as google keyword tool is good enough for me?

I'm not an expert, but the market samauri tool is free for 40 days which should help you find your first niche. After the 40 days the keyword reseerch tool is still free but you won't had access to the other features.

In general, I think the Google tool is enough for most newbies. JMO - YMMV. In fact, a lot of more advanced IMers use only free tools.

banners
Back